Kids thinking that WiiU and Wii are the same, but a new design

#1zak234Posted 3/28/2013 4:31:26 AM
So, their answer were: Why should I buy WiiU? I have already Wii. I don't care the new design.

Nintendo are really good to confuse the kids. How can Nintendo be so stupid?
#2Skill4ReelPosted 3/28/2013 4:35:07 AM
Lol. Is it Nintendo that is stupid, or the kids?
#3Round_DicePosted 3/28/2013 5:28:13 AM
Skill4Reel posted...

Kids are not being stupid, kids are being kids.
Nintendo not anticipating this actually is stupid though.

They were obviously going for brand recognition when naming the Wii U, but didn't advertise sufficiently to differentiate it as a new entry to the brand, so people thought it was just a redesign.

Same thing happened with the 3DS.
Nintendo pulled 2 redesigns with the DS and when the 3DS came out a good number of people (casual players) were also confused on whether or not it was a new console or yet another redesign.

If Nintendo's marketing department did a proper job this wouldn't have happened.
#4LinktoDrinkPosted 3/28/2013 5:35:09 AM
Usually I would say names don't matter; Wii was successful despite having a terrible name. Yet the name really does matter in this case. Casuals who made Wii successful in the first place think that it's just a new controller.
---
Not changing this sig until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Friend me on Ouya: Link, and Wii U: LinksAwakening
#5Schwepps01Posted 3/28/2013 5:37:33 AM
Skill4Reel posted...

It's Nintendo's fault for not clarifying for their target audience.
#6Nate_DihldorffPosted 3/28/2013 5:48:45 AM
Why they didn't just call it the Nintendo U or Wii 2 shows their marketing team needs to be fired.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#7Round_DicePosted 3/28/2013 5:55:16 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Why they didn't just call it the Nintendo U or Wii 2 shows their marketing team needs to be fired.

Heck, their stupidity needs to be fined on top of that.
#8stekim40Posted 3/28/2013 6:08:24 AM
I've been saying for months the name was a HUGE mistake by Nintendo.
Wii 2 would have been far better.
---
Xyzzy!
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 3/28/2013 6:29:38 AM
Skill4Reel posted...

Most casuals and non gamers are still unclear about just what exactly the Wii U is. They think its a controller add on for the Wii. A while back at Best Buy I saw a little girl playing Rayman on the Wii U kiosk. The mom came for her and the girl said she wants a Wii U. The mom replied with "We already have a Wii." There in lies the problem. Nintendo has done a poor job marketing their new console. Everyone knows what the Wii is. But very few outside of the gamer demographic know that the Wii U is something different, or even exists for that matter.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10sickbulletPosted 3/28/2013 6:34:05 AM
Super Nintendo 5 would of been fine.
---
WarioWare Legend