Wii U dead already? Not worth buying?

#1K-R-A-N-G-Posted 3/28/2013 6:00:19 AM
I don't know about usa but in the UK it seems like nobody bought the Wii U. I wanted to get monster hunter wii u bundle but if online is dead whats the point. I've heard you can't even get a fill game black ops on wii u (bad sign for anything less mainstream). Is Wii U online free or subscription and really that dead online? I really want MH but I don't want another dreamcast.
#2Schwepps01Posted 3/28/2013 6:02:27 AM
I would say just get MH for the 3DS. You don't want to buy a product whose future isn't even certain. Even if the online was bustling, would you really want to jump through all of Nintendo's hoops just to play with someone online? There are rumors that Nintendo is actually cancelling support for the Wii U altogether according to Kotaku. I would stay far away from this rotten system, far, far away.
#3Round_DicePosted 3/28/2013 6:07:16 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
I would say just get MH for the 3DS. You don't want to buy a product whose future isn't even certain. Even if the online was bustling, would you really want to jump through all of Nintendo's hoops just to play with someone online? There are rumors that Nintendo is actually cancelling support for the Wii U altogether according to Kotaku. I would stay far away from this rotten system, far, far away.

I don't know what's more absurd, that rumor or believing a word Kotaku says.
They're the gutter trash of gaming journalism and considering how horrid gaming journalism is... yeah.

Anyhow, TC I wouldn't buy the system for that game alone, I say wait for more games that appeal to you.
#4digiblasterPosted 3/28/2013 6:08:47 AM
Schwepps01 posted...

Have you actually tried getting a Wii U online? I've head a less stressful experience getting online on my Wii U than my 360.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#5K-R-A-N-G-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:09:46 AM
Yeh i suppose i could just buy a 3ds for MH and since luigi's mansion come out thats two games i want for it.
#6stekim40Posted 3/28/2013 6:10:53 AM
Not dead but dying..

Also found out today that my local indi game store are now NOT taking Wii U games as trade ins.

O_o
---
Xyzzy!
#7kozzy1717Posted 3/28/2013 6:12:20 AM
For the record. MH3U online is flooded with people. not to say the wii U is doing great, but yah. alot of MH players online even at 4 am
---
http://www.kozarskeep.com
#8Schwepps01Posted 3/28/2013 6:12:32 AM
I would do it TC. There are screen comparisons that show that the Wii U looks almost the same as the Wii, so you're not losing a whole lot by buying the 3DS version. I have it and I'm having loads of fun with it. Both Kotaku and Destructoid have both personally commented on the Wii U likely being dropped altogether, which makes me deathly scared for my Wii U. Don't make the same mistake I did....
#9PigfartsPosted 3/28/2013 6:16:14 AM
Schwepps01 posted...

This is what I was thinking, I really wanted Wii U for MH also, but I don't think the system will last, I will want for smash, kart, a few other heavy hitters to release and if hardware still doesn't pick up ill pass.

This system is a total flop.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#10PigfartsPosted 3/28/2013 6:17:06 AM
digiblaster posted...
Schwepps01 posted...

Have you actually tried getting a Wii U online? I've head a less stressful experience getting online on my Wii U than my 360.

really on my 360 I sort of just turn it on and its online.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.