"3DS was failing at first too and it took off, the same will happen for Wii U!"

#11PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:25:01 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Since Mario Kart and 3D Mario will be playable at E3, I assume they will be out this year. They should boost sales the same way 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 did on the 3DS.

Not even close to the degree it did for the 3DS if that happens. For one thing, it needs to get a price cut too. The next is that the PS4 and 720 need to get delayed, because them launching will have a huge impact on Wii U sales and any momentum it tries to gain.

If the Wii U somehow drops to $200 and gets a Mario Kart and 3D Mario by the end of the year, it might have a chance of making a comeback. But anything less with the PS4 and 720 around will be nowhere near enough to make people care
---
PSVita & 3DS
#12DiscostewSMPosted 3/28/2013 10:26:57 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Terotrous posted...
The fact of the matter is that 3DS's big turnaround owes almost 100% to Super Mario 3D Land. The other factors are just circumstantial.

That is absolute bull. Consumers would not have cared about the game if the price was still $250, the $80 price cut along with Mario Kart 7 are the things that saved the 3DS. It was two big killer apps with a price drop that are the turnaround, not one single game

The price cut only helped for 2 weeks before sales went back down. The main reason sales increased just prior to it and the week of it was because people wanted in on the Ambassador program.....which involved "games".
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#13PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:40:06 AM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Terotrous posted...
The fact of the matter is that 3DS's big turnaround owes almost 100% to Super Mario 3D Land. The other factors are just circumstantial.

That is absolute bull. Consumers would not have cared about the game if the price was still $250, the $80 price cut along with Mario Kart 7 are the things that saved the 3DS. It was two big killer apps with a price drop that are the turnaround, not one single game

The price cut only helped for 2 weeks before sales went back down. The main reason sales increased just prior to it and the week of it was because people wanted in on the Ambassador program.....which involved "games".

Price is everything, no matter how you want to spin it. The 360 had Halo 3 and Gears of War in it's first couple of years on the market and only when it got it's $200 model in 2008 did it's sales start really moving. The PS3 didnt hit $300 (which was seen by consumers as cheap since the PS3 launched at $600) till 2009 and it had MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet: Tools of Destruction, Killzone 2, inFamous, and Uncharted

Games are hardly meaningful if the price is not right, thats why the 3DS wouldnt have had a turnaround without the $80 price cut. Use logic, if it was only the games then Nintendo would have still been selling it so high
---
PSVita & 3DS
#14TerotrousPosted 3/28/2013 10:41:32 AM
PhaseBlack posted...

I'll grant that those two things probably helped but the timing of the system release and such had little to do with it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15ferval100Posted 3/28/2013 10:48:19 AM
icarus231 posted...
The_King82 posted...
The wii u is not getting a price drop and it haz no gaems so there goes any chance of it surviving.

English please. Not sure what gaems are but if you meant has no games you are wrong. It has games i play them everynight when i get home.

Don't be an a-hole. You can read that just fine. Also those games you are playing are the only games out for it. Most of them came out in November...
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - THE MAN!
#16ShankspearePosted 3/28/2013 10:51:12 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I think it's funny that people think that just because one product followed a trend, the same thing will happen with other products

I absolutely agree with you. I also love when people say this is the Wii/Dreamcast all over again. HILARIOUS!
#17icarus231Posted 3/28/2013 10:57:28 AM
ferval100 posted...
icarus231 posted...
The_King82 posted...
The wii u is not getting a price drop and it haz no gaems so there goes any chance of it surviving.

English please. Not sure what gaems are but if you meant has no games you are wrong. It has games i play them everynight when i get home.

Don't be an a-hole. You can read that just fine. Also those games you are playing are the only games out for it. Most of them came out in November...

Really there seemes to of been alot released in march
#18DiscostewSMPosted 3/28/2013 10:57:41 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I think it's funny that people think that just because one product followed a trend, the same thing will happen with other products

Wait, so the Wii U isn't going to fail like the Dreamcast did? Thanks for your input.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#19DarkAdonis123Posted 3/28/2013 11:00:02 AM
The 3DS took off after a massive price cut and actually releasing software.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#20Ryan SiPosted 3/28/2013 11:06:46 AM
The 3DS has pretty good third-party support....the Wii U....doesn't.
---
Most Wanted: FFX HD (PS3), MGSV (PS3), TMNT: OotS (PC), Tales of Xillia (PS3)