An open letter to Nintendo from a fan.

#11Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/28/2013 11:06:20 AM
Blame the people on this board for pretending that the wii would not have awful third party support.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#12LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 11:52:16 AM
dancing_cactuar posted...
And who wrote this then, if you didn't? A source of some sorts would be nice.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/talking_point_an_open_letter_to_nintendo
---
Not changing this sig until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Friend me on Ouya: Link, and Wii U: LinksAwakening
#13morningglory05Posted 3/28/2013 12:03:21 PM
Outstanding letter. Kudos to whover took the time to draft it.
#14MalifacentXPosted 3/28/2013 12:06:11 PM
On the contrary, I feel the letter was poorly written, albeit with a good heart.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#15dancing_cactuarPosted 3/28/2013 12:08:23 PM
LinktoDrink posted...
dancing_cactuar posted...
And who wrote this then, if you didn't? A source of some sorts would be nice.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/talking_point_an_open_letter_to_nintendo

Huh. Well thanks for providing a link, regardless of whether I completely agree with the contents or not. I would be forced to think you were lying otherwise, as a lot of stuff is said by people here, some of it untrue and without official sources to back it up.
#16_Candice_Posted 3/28/2013 12:16:15 PM
Master_Totho posted...
Sorry, I can't read all that. I voted Obama.

I laughed more than I should have.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#17DarthFloatyPosted 3/28/2013 12:17:48 PM
MalifacentX posted...
On the contrary, I feel the letter was poorly written, albeit with a good heart.

I'd say it was very poorly written and thought out, but with a good set of intentions. Overall, I'd give it a D+.
#18DBPanterAPosted 3/28/2013 12:38:22 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
MalifacentX posted...

I'd say it was very poorly written and thought out, but with a good set of intentions. Overall, I'd give it a D+.

Trust me, as someone who dealt with Nintendo's stupidity when my original wii broke, they will do their best to keep you if you call them and threaten to leave. Long story short, the lens on my original wii broke, sent it in with the specific instructions to send it back if any on-line data would be lost. They sent me a brand new Wii. In the package I shipped and twice during the transportation I called to have them write that in the file. New Wii Shipped, on-line data gone, and I tell them I should have simply homebrewed it and problem solved. They didn't charge me for any of the shipping or work, and threw in a free game.

I don't think the average consumer understands Blue Ocean Strategy and what Nintendo did. It originally worked for Nintendo, however several things happened that caused this strategy to ultimately back fire: Global recession in 2008, rise of smart phones in 2010, and the cost of their competition dropping significantly in the later half the of the cycle. They got people in with the Wii, but then consumers appetite grew and they went elsewhere.

It's a nice letter, but too much fanboyism in it to do anything. I also feel that it was written by someone younger who has not seen the colossal mistakes Nintendo has made over the years. In fact, all companies make huge mistakes, and they will continue to do so.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#19ChipChippersonPosted 3/28/2013 1:10:10 PM
He bought it in January, early adopter my behind. I stood in line on day 1 and I'm not crying like this Johnny Come Lately is.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#20LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 1:15:22 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
He bought it in January, early adopter my behind. I stood in line on day 1 and I'm not crying like this Johnny Come Lately is.

1. Early adopter does not say day 1 purchase
2. The same bloody games were out in January as at launch
---
Not changing this sig until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Friend me on Ouya: Link, and Wii U: LinksAwakening