Maybe the trolls are right...

#11meiyukiPosted 3/28/2013 11:34:58 AM
Remembrent posted...
And before people go "LOL EA" - EA is one of the largest gaming publishers in the business. And they sell tons of games, which sells consoles.

It's a big deal.

They're also in the process of pissing off every single fanbase they have, destroying game franchises, their stock has absolutely plummeted and if they keep up their current trend they'll be shrinking and maybe even going under. They have multiple times had to give away free stuff to apologize to their fans after they caused a disaster.

EA has quite possible the absolute worst, by a lot, policies designed to absolutely screw the consumer and are a major cause of the current troubles in the game industry. Personally anything that hastens their demise is good in my book even if it hurts a tad bit in the short term.
#12GoombaXPosted 3/28/2013 11:36:55 AM
Dstylez2 posted...
DaLastBoss posted...
Linetrix posted...
Maybe the trolls...aren't trolls.

maybe....just maybe they are human beings just like the rest of us.......just maybe
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#13umn09Posted 3/28/2013 11:38:34 AM
wii u is wii all over again

expect that the wii was financially successful and good at dust collecting
---
If there is an intelligent designer, then why are you so ugly?
#14aryanbrarPosted 3/28/2013 11:39:34 AM
Remembrent posted...
aryanbrar posted...
well its not the wii u's fault, its all on nintendo. amazing console but is not advertised, pricey for the hardware it offers.

wii u owners themselves are the problem if they bought atleast one multi-plat game they were intrested in, third-party support would still be there.

tldr: pricey, no ads and nintendo fans being bias when buying video games.

But is it really an amazing console if development teams/publishers aren't willing to put the resources/time into developing games for it?

remember making games is a business to them, even nintendo makes games for sake of profit. look at wii u from third party publishers view.

you're looking at a console which although powerful, has a small install base with stubborn customers who would never buy your games if you released it. so basically making games for wii u is not profitable unless they are made by nintendo.
#15meiyukiPosted 3/28/2013 11:43:11 AM
Remembrent posted...

But is it really an amazing console if development teams/publishers aren't willing to put the resources/time into developing games for it?

Depends on who we're talking about? THQ perhaps? Yeah they really knew what they were doing. How about the hundreds of studios that went out of business over the last few years?

How about the indies? They love the wiiU, they're porting all kinds of games, creating kickstarters to put on the system, and making fun and creative games. They're bringing all kinds of new ideas to the industry.

Or would you prefer we get aliens:cm and the disaster that was? How about simcity a game was released full of bugs and devoid of promised features. A game where the devs actively lied to the customers about the game? Is that what we want? How about sports games that charge $60 for nothing more than a roster change?
#16boring_namePosted 3/28/2013 11:43:49 AM
Remembrent posted...
I mean, I bought the Wii U on day 1. I knew things wouldn't be "huge" 6 months in.

But then the loading problems, and EA backing out, multi-platform games not coming to the Wii U, horrible to no advertising, Rayman and Pikmin delayed until the Apocolypse, etc.

It's starting to feel sort of crappy. And the worst part is that Nintendo isn't doing anything (at least externally) to reassure people that things will be OK.

Just wait until the enormous price drop, then you'll feel better about buying it day 1.
#17ShankspearePosted 3/28/2013 11:47:58 AM
umn09 posted...
wii u is wii all over again

expect that the wii was financially successful and good at dust collecting

AAANNND we're back. LOL!
#18SlimeSwayzePosted 3/28/2013 11:55:36 AM
Sometimes being in touch with reality will get you labeled a troll.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#19Remembrent(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 12:30:36 PM
meiyuki posted...
Remembrent posted...

Depends on who we're talking about? THQ perhaps? Yeah they really knew what they were doing. How about the hundreds of studios that went out of business over the last few years?

How about the indies? They love the wiiU, they're porting all kinds of games, creating kickstarters to put on the system, and making fun and creative games. They're bringing all kinds of new ideas to the industry.

Or would you prefer we get aliens:cm and the disaster that was? How about simcity a game was released full of bugs and devoid of promised features. A game where the devs actively lied to the customers about the game? Is that what we want? How about sports games that charge $60 for nothing more than a roster change?

The point is this - we can get all the cool indy games in the world. They don't sell consoles. Games that currently are rumored not to come to the Wii U do.

It's a huge problem, regardless of how garbage the games are.
#20Baha05Posted 3/28/2013 12:33:25 PM
TC you do know the difference between Port and Multi Platform games right?

So far there aren't a lot of Gen 8 Multiplatform games. Not top mention any flaws can be fixed over time
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U