Buy a Wii U

#1ZodrynPosted 3/28/2013 3:42:52 PM
If you already have one, buy third party games. That's how we'll get third party support. Not by Nintendo releasing a console with the same spec sheet as the PS3 (just look at the PS2 and Gamecube).

The reason devs didn't release games for the Wii wasn't because of power (at least not entirely). The biggest reason was because they just didn't sell well. We probably all already know this, but we ought to do something.

If you're a Nintendo gamer, don't just say "meh, I was gonna buy on the PC anyway" when a great AAA title skips the Wii U. We need that game, and we need it to sell, because that means more games will come down the road. Support your favorite third parties on the U, and when we miss out on something, complain. Write the company. Start another project rainfall and then actually buy their product.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 3/28/2013 3:45:34 PM
You know a console is in trouble when fans of it are making post like this.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3Rasputin77Posted 3/28/2013 3:48:45 PM(edited)
If you already have one, buy third party games.

No. I bought the system to play Nintendo. That's how much I want to trust in them.

I'm not going to hold a bake sale, for a cause that should be fine on its own. If something comes along that I MUST play on the Wii U, fine. But until then, no pity purchases.
---
My girlfriend was worried I wasn't taking birth control seriously, so I showed her the Wii U board on GameFAQs.
Now SHE'S buying all the condoms.
#4Zodryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 3:59:13 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
If you already have one, buy third party games.

No. I bought the system to play Nintendo. That's how much I want to trust in them.

I'm not going to hold a bake sale, for a cause that should be fine on its own. If something comes along that I MUST play on the Wii U, fine. But until then, no pity purchases.

I'm not telling you to buy every third party game that gets released or anything, but a lot of people just buy third party on PC or other systems because it's cheaper or it isn't released on a Ninty console. I'm mainly speaking to those kinds of people. I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games as well, but I know I won't get many third party titles if nobody ever buys them for the U (including me).

Also, I'm not at all worried about Nintendo, but the gamers (who enjoy third party stuff) who buy their systems will have to resort to PC gaming or buying another console every generation if they don't support third parties on Nintendo systems.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#5ChipChippersonPosted 3/28/2013 4:21:13 PM
Personally I've been interested in almost every 3rd party title that's come out and most that have yet to be released. Considering how Nintendo hasn't been getting the big name multiplats lately I've definitely expanded my tastes into games like Monster Hunter.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#6DBeanPosted 3/28/2013 4:25:03 PM
The problem with this is that there's proof that even this doesn't matter. Did buying RE4 on both the Gamecube or Wii give fans Resident Evil 5? No, they got RE Rail Shooter. Even when that sold moderately well, instead of RE5, there was a second rail shooter which bombed. Fans want timely versions of good games, and even then, that might not be enough to sway them if they have another system. Basically, I'll buy what I want. Right now, that's a lot of Nintendo games coming up on the 3DS and possibly the Wii U if they can get their act together with that soon.

I would have picked up Rayman Legends, but now I can afford to wait until it's $20 a month after release. I'm sure PS3/360 owners will do the same.
#7Tayl0rpwnzPosted 3/28/2013 4:27:16 PM
Buy the Sony or microsoft console. You will never get the third party support they get by just sticking with Nintendo. This is the fourth generation this has happened and isn't gonna change anytime soon.
#8GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 3/28/2013 5:35:06 PM
- fanboys gloat about nintendos billions in the bank and how they can survive a kajillion failures

- "GAIZ PLS BUY WII U OUT OF PITY"

Yeah, nah, you're a.....well you know.

Nintendo can start using some of that bank to pay developers to develop for Wii U, just like sony and MS do

gotta sweeten the deal and pay up, or they can drop dead for all I care
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#9CaioNVPosted 3/28/2013 5:38:52 PM
Zodryn posted...
If you're a Nintendo gamer, don't just say "meh, I was gonna buy on the PC anyway" when a great AAA title skips the Wii U.

The point is, I actually was gonna buy on the PC anyway...
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#10David80008Posted 3/28/2013 5:43:00 PM
When a third party game comes out on multi-formats, I pick which to get based on price and merit. If the game is equal(Not a shoddy port), I'll always buy the cheaper of them. Why wouldn't you, regardless of which console you will be playing it on?
---
Let the record show that I'm a gaming atheist!
Do a barrel roll!