is it just me or is their a conspiracy to destroy the WiiU

#41indigna7ionPosted 3/31/2013 5:58:48 PM
Sony snatched the tales series? I thought you numbskulls got Symphonia 2 and nobody bought it. Sony snatched nothing, Namco is unforgiving, hence why they are reluctant to port anything remotely not their biggest names.
#42PendragoonPosted 3/31/2013 7:07:31 PM
indigna7ion posted...
Sony snatched the tales series? I thought you numbskulls got Symphonia 2 and nobody bought it. Sony snatched nothing, Namco is unforgiving, hence why they are reluctant to port anything remotely not their biggest names.

Not quite true. Symphonia sold 400k in the US, Symphonia 2 sold 175k in the US, Vesperia sold 140k in the US, every other Tales game sold around 60k in the US.

In Japan however, the series sells much better on Sony systems as that is where the fanbase is there, which is why Namco puts the games out on Sony systems more often.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#43game freakozoidPosted 3/31/2013 9:05:19 PM
meiyuki posted...
Omg devs had to add one line of code to stream the same thing to both screens, no devs arn't lazy and making excuses clearly that's too much to ask.

^^^Spoken like a true person that has never coded anything.
#44Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/1/2013 12:14:24 PM
Cloud75x posted...
It's because of the wii pad. Because of that damn thing (i hate it personally... with a passion) you can't just rework the code and copy the data from DVD to bluray, no... you have to make a whole new game with a whole new interface to work on

THE DAMN TABLET F*ING CONTROLLER

*throws wiiU out window*

The touchscreen on the DS/3DS didn't stop anyone, so why would the tablet gamepad be a problem? It's starting to sound like home console developers are lazy and incompetent.
#45meiyukiPosted 4/1/2013 12:24:52 PM
game freakozoid posted...
meiyuki posted...
Omg devs had to add one line of code to stream the same thing to both screens, no devs arn't lazy and making excuses clearly that's too much to ask.

Indeed you clearly havn't. Coding isn't as hard as people who have never written a program in their life think it is. Somehow little indie companies that have tiny limited teams have no problem using the gamepad but multibillion dollar corporations can't figure it out.

Oh and if you're wondering I have a degree in computer science from USF and work on an indie game company. I've written a limited 3d engine, hardware emulators, shells, tcp servers and other programs.
#4695_EclipsePosted 4/1/2013 12:28:26 PM
Pendragoon posted...
During the 3DS launch, I would have agreed that a conspiracy was possible, now, there really isn't any denying it. Too many have gone out of their way to put down Nintendo.

I am currently boycotting any game that skips the Wii U without a valid reason, and so far I only have one PS3 game preordered. (Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen) I have 7 Wii U games and 5 3DS games I plan to pick up so far.

A valid reason? o.o This gen, I can see it. But once next gen starts, any next gen game not being on the Wii U already has a valid reason.

Some of the games make little since right now though I can agree, except for example GTA. The Wii U doesn't have enough of an install base to bother with. The same reason GTAV isn't a next gen title. It would be a waste of development time and money.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#47GoreGamerPosted 4/1/2013 12:32:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#48game freakozoidPosted 4/1/2013 2:09:30 PM
meiyuki posted...
meiyuki posted...

Indeed you clearly havn't. Coding isn't as hard as people who have never written a program in their life think it is. Somehow little indie companies that have tiny limited teams have no problem using the gamepad but multibillion dollar corporations can't figure it out.

Oh and if you're wondering I have a degree in computer science from USF and work on an indie game company. I've written a limited 3d engine, hardware emulators, shells, tcp servers and other programs.

Lol. Nice try man but you are just making yourself look foolish to defend the WiiU. At some point you need to step back and realize that not everything needs a knee-jerk defense.

Oh and since we are making s*** up I have a degree in computer science from MIT and have personally worked for Blizzard, Square-Enix, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, EA, Monolith Soft, Capcom, and Konami and have been integral in the development in some of the highest rated games in history. You know this is true because I said so and as we both know, nobody ever lies over the internet let alone GameFAQs. I mean, every GameFAQs user signs a sacred oath that they will never lie about their credentials to make it seem like they know what they are talking about. We all share that bond afterall!
#49_Sovereign_Posted 4/1/2013 2:14:39 PM
Capcom has always been good with supporting Nintendo

Didn't Ubisoft announce shortly after the Rayman fiasco that future Ubi titles would all make their way to Wii U? I vaguely remember seeing a Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, and obviously ACIV listing recently.

R* I wouldn't worry about, they've already said they will not be putting GTAV on next gen consoles

Crysis, iirc, is published or distributed by EA, so no hope there. They're mad about the Origins debacle and possibly ME3 selling bad ( even though they made the decision to sabotage though sales by releasing the trilogy everywhere else).

If NFS sells well, we might have a chance at getting BF4 ( I hope)

And finally, why anyone would want SR4 is beyond me...the failure of THQ should prove that it was a horrible series to begin with, among other problems THQ had.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#50meiyukiPosted 4/1/2013 3:04:15 PM

Lol. Nice try man but you are just making yourself look foolish to defend the WiiU. At some point you need to step back and realize that not everything needs a knee-jerk defense.

Oh and since we are making s*** up I have a degree in computer science from MIT and have personally worked for Blizzard, Square-Enix, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, EA, Monolith Soft, Capcom, and Konami and have been integral in the development in some of the highest rated games in history. You know this is true because I said so and as we both know, nobody ever lies over the internet let alone GameFAQs. I mean, every GameFAQs user signs a sacred oath that they will never lie about their credentials to make it seem like they know what they are talking about. We all share that bond afterall!

The funny thing is you just admitted you know nothing about programing. Course it even better cause if you even knew what school I was talking about you'd wonder why anyone trying to make up their education level would use that one(not that it's a bad one, just that I'd be a bit surprised if 10 people on this board know about the school).

Ultimately it really doesn't matter, you've proven how clueless you are. Not that you're worth wasting time on but if anyone is curious I am capable of proving I work for a small game company.