What's the point of the Wii U GamePad again?

#1SolnotPosted 3/28/2013 10:40:13 PM
Does it add anything useful to playing games? Seems like another gimmick like the Wii's motion controls were.
#2FooFighters25Posted 3/28/2013 10:41:32 PM
Here comes another flopic that people will inevitably get up in arms over.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#3mcnichojPosted 3/28/2013 10:43:33 PM
I have fun using it for off-TV play.
/thread
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#4elbarto1Posted 3/28/2013 10:44:17 PM
mcnichoj posted...
/thread

That
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#5DiscostewSMPosted 3/28/2013 10:45:43 PM
mcnichoj posted...
/thread

That, plus it being used as a off-screen when the main screen doesn't need all the information displayed on it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6Starwars4JPosted 3/28/2013 10:47:11 PM
Not to mention its use in LEGO City is actually really fun.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7diggyfreshPosted 3/28/2013 10:49:08 PM
Actually I was thinking about this recently. I own a Wii U. And have played 4 Wii U games with the gamepad.

So far, the screen is really good for inventory management and maps. It's not so good for doing things in game because you have to take your eyes off the TV.

It's also used for AR. I have mixed feeling about that. It seems to work well in ZombiU. But in Batman: AC it's somewhat flawed. I think AR is cool as long as you don't have to twist your whole body around to find something.

But Batman:AC inventory management and other menus work really well. You can read the map, then go upgrade your stuff, and read character bios all on the gamepad and it's fun.

In Call of Duty, I liked that the gamepad shows the whole multiplayer map. I would prop it up next to me and play online with the wii remote and nunchuk.
---
Currently playing: Batman AC