To wiiU owners that don't have MH3U:

#1Kromlech06Posted 3/29/2013 7:22:29 AM(edited)
I have two questions for everybody out there that HAS a wiiU but not Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate:

#1. Why don't you have Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate?

#2. What games do you have that you actually play for more than 5 hours before dropping it?

I am at a loss on what to get that I can play while I wait for my friends to catch up in MH3U.

Edit: specifically WiiU games (didn't think I would have to say this...)
#2rockyminPosted 3/29/2013 6:56:30 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
I have two questions for everybody out there that HAS a wiiU but not Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate:

#2. What games do you have that you actually play for more than 5 hours before dropping it?

I am at a loss on what to get that I can play while I wait for my friends to catch up in MH3U.

#1 The Monster Hunter series does not appeal to me at all. I don't like shooters and I loathe anything with dinosaurs it.

#2 The games I play for more than 5 hours are RPGs are on the PS3, so its probably not the answer you are looking for.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#3BlueJester007Posted 3/29/2013 6:57:15 AM
1. Never been interested in the Monster Hunter series.

2. ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, NintendoLand, New Super Mario Bros Wii U.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#4GDoobahPosted 3/29/2013 6:57:54 AM

Not a huge fan of the series. I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on my Vita if I feel the need for monster hunting.

So far these games that I own for Wii U have lasted me well over 5 hours..

Nintendo Land
ZombiU
Assassin's Creed 3
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
LEGO City Undercover
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nano Assault Neo
The Cave
Trine 2: Directors Cut
Little Inferno
Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Zen Pinball 2 ( I have Plants vs Zombies and Epic Quest )
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#5Petey_MeanisPosted 3/29/2013 6:59:26 AM
The Monster Hunter series does not appeal to me at all. I don't like shooters and I loathe anything with dinosaurs it.

joke answer. LOL
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage. NNID : Meaty_Petey
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#6Devo05Posted 3/29/2013 7:00:01 AM
ZombiU is an okay choice. Opinions on it are very divided but I personally found it easy to persist through it's flaws and still enjoy it. It's got the bonus of being one of the few WiiU exclusives (at least for now)

Won't last you even a fraction of the time that Monster Hunter will with a campaign that can reach between 10-15 hours. I found the longer I played it and became accustomed to it's style of gameplay the more I enjoyed it. I also immediately started a new playthrough once I had completed it, it was nice to kind of play through the game knowing where the choke points were and trying to maximise my score.

Some people will tell you it's absolute trash and that's ok, opinions are opinions. Try the demo.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#7Devo05Posted 3/29/2013 7:01:37 AM
Also, if you havn't played Mass Effect 3 on other platforms, there is a solid 40 hour campaign and the multiplayer is surprisingly awesome. Although I don't know active it is on the WiiU.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#8BlueJester007Posted 3/29/2013 7:05:04 AM
Devo05 posted...
Also, if you havn't played Mass Effect 3 on other platforms, there is a solid 40 hour campaign and the multiplayer is surprisingly awesome. Although I don't know active it is on the WiiU.

A 40 hour campaign that ends horrendously and leaves the player with no motivation to even replay the series along with a tacked on Horde multiplayer that has been done better on other TPSes is not something I have in mind.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#9Lord_KagatoPosted 3/29/2013 7:19:54 AM
Kromlech06 posted...

1:
Kill monster
Craft gear
Kill bigger monster
Craft better gear
Kill bigger monster
Craft better gear
Kill BIGGEST Monster
Craft Best Gear
Kill BIGGEST Monster even faster!
Get bored and change games because of lack of engaging narrative.

2: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 FES, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ect.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#10strawhatmonty97Posted 3/29/2013 7:21:38 AM
i don't own it because i've only had a wii u since march 3rd and i don't have enough money to buy it. i'm also saving all the money i get for one piece pirate warriors.

i guess you could say nintendo land though i'm not playing that that often. in the mood for other games.

also i was going to ask this on the MH3U board but would it be better to get the game for wii u or 3ds. and is the wii u version just an upscaled port of the 3ds version? that's what i've been hearing.