Pokemon For the Wii U

#1BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/29/2013 7:22:03 AM
I am playing through Pokemon White 2 and I think a new direction for Pokemon should come to the Wii U. The second screen stuff is built for the Wii U and gamefreak could get into HD developing. Maybe for online you could create your own gyms and pokemon league. I think that would be cool. What do you guys think or is there already one in development? Maybe we should ask Nintendo if it is possible.
---
Greatness comes from within
#2strawhatmonty97Posted 3/29/2013 7:29:59 AM
pokemon is meant for handhelds. they can create something like pokemon xd and collosseum but they can't make a full fledged pokemon game.
#3The_DOAMPosted 3/29/2013 7:31:31 AM
Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon if it wasn't on a handheld. Now if they created a way to let the Wii U play 3ds games like a new super gameboy for wiiU. I still remember playing Pokemon blue on that thing. If not that then maybe what they did with stadium and allowed you to play on the big screen via attachment.

More for connectivity than I am for a true console Pokemon game.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#4flipzasPosted 3/29/2013 7:56:19 AM
Extra Wii U to 3DS interactivity was confirmed... so your best bet of seeing a full-pokemon game on the TV is by using a future 3DS Player (like the Game Boy Player)
#5tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/29/2013 8:18:37 AM
I'm the farthest thing in the world from a Pokemon fan. In fact I actively dislike Pokemon. I was right at the age that I was a little too old to think pokemon is "cool" when it launched. And I never overcame that impression.

HOWEVER, a fully 3D rendered HD pokemon RPG on Wii U. Come on. The gamepad is just screaming for it. I probably wouldn't buy it. But a lot of people would LOVE it.
#6dancing_cactuarPosted 3/29/2013 8:20:26 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
But a lot of people would LOVE it.

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen this idea proposed before, and each time it was mentioned, people didn't really seem eager about it.

Much like in this topic.
#7Dstylez2Posted 3/29/2013 8:27:15 AM
I totally agree with TC. There is NO reason that they can't make a pokemon game like the handhelds on the Wii U... Saying that it couldn't be done is really really stupid.
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#8excitebike64Posted 3/29/2013 8:31:08 AM
I think a TRUE Pokemon game might actually happen with the Wii U.

Nintendo already is copying Activision with the Pokemon idea, b/c Skylanders does so well.

If Monster Hunter 3U continues to do well for both platforms, I can see Nintendo thinking about doing something similar for future Pokemon games.

Heck, even without MH3U, the wish to use the 3dS more with the Wii U is another big reason it might happen. If they want to go all out, a Pokemon game is a great first choice for sales.
#9Dstylez2Posted 3/29/2013 8:36:08 AM
excitebike64 posted...

Nintendo already is copying Activision with the Pokemon idea, b/c Skylanders does so well.

If Monster Hunter 3U continues to do well for both platforms, I can see Nintendo thinking about doing something similar for future Pokemon games.

Heck, even without MH3U, the wish to use the 3dS more with the Wii U is another big reason it might happen. If they want to go all out, a Pokemon game is a great first choice for sales.

Exactly, everyone knows it would sell LIKE CRAZY. I am so sick of hearing people say pokemon is just for handelds. That's just really foolish thinking. Just because the last two pokemon console games sucked doesn't mean that a good one can't be made. They just have to do it right! Make it like the handheld games where you can catch pokemon in the wild, not that stupid catch dark pokemon crap.
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#10BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 11:30:45 AM
Dstylez2 posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Exactly, everyone knows it would sell LIKE CRAZY. I am so sick of hearing people say pokemon is just for handelds. That's just really foolish thinking. Just because the last two pokemon console games sucked doesn't mean that a good one can't be made. They just have to do it right! Make it like the handheld games where you can catch pokemon in the wild, not that stupid catch dark pokemon crap.

I feel the same. I think the best platform for it would be the Wii U. Pokemon could benefit I think from going Wii U because of MiiVerse and the Wii U itself is just almost perfect for it. Im really thinking of contacting Nintendo and Gamefreak about this. I dont want 3DS pokemon on the Wii U, but a game specifically for it.
---
Greatness comes from within