Does It Still Make Sense to Buy Mario Kart Wii or Smash Bros Brawl?

#1tmodrichPosted 3/29/2013 12:27:52 PM
Just bought a Wii U a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. Since I didn't buy a Wii during the last generation and it's going to be a wait for some of the new games I want, I was thinking of picking up some of the better Wii games.

Does it still make sense to pick up Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros Brawl at this point or just wait until the new ones? At some point, I'm also thinking of getting Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword any others?

Thanks!
#2rudgerlightPosted 3/29/2013 12:32:24 PM
Mario Kart Wii U may make it out by the end of the year, so you might want to wait for the new one, plus the Wii one is honestly not very good compared to pretty much all the others. You could always download the N64 version to tide yourself over in the meantime unless you find the Wii one for cheap.

Smash brothers will take forever to release, and since you can't play the Gamecube version on the Wii U, I'd say go for Wii version while you wait for the new one.
#3_Candice_Posted 3/29/2013 12:33:25 PM
MK Wii is a joke and why wouldnt you buy Smash Bros?
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#4meiyukiPosted 3/29/2013 12:34:15 PM
Mario Kart is the one I would certainly recommend against. Sonic all-stars racing is amazing, it's a great replacement to MK. Also this isn't confirmed but many think the next MK is going to appear soon, like fall soon or early next year. It's going to be shown at e3 and so it most likely won't be that far away.

Smash is tricky. A new smash is in development but it's known that it's not coming this year, and if I had to guess the earliest you could expect that is summer or fall 2014. There's also no real replacement to that game so it's your call really.

If you havn't picked them up lego city and monster hunter are really good so those may also help hold you over until other things come out.
#5huyiPosted 3/29/2013 1:54:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6StarmanJuniorPosted 3/29/2013 1:56:44 PM
Using Smash Bros. without a gamecube controller isn't fun...but that's just my opinion.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#7umn09Posted 3/29/2013 1:58:46 PM
just buy wii u games, with the release of the wii u, the wii is as good as dead
---
If there is an intelligent designer, then why are you so ugly?
#8PhoslusPosted 3/29/2013 2:01:34 PM
huyi posted...
why so much hate on mario kart wii it's not that bad? if you want a really bad mario kart game mario kart 7 is even worse, so much content was taken away to cater to online it's the worse in the series imo, and why would anyone recommend lego city? i could understand if you were a child like 9 years old but if your a full grown man playing something like that then you should be ashamed of yourself (but i am not surprised that people round here are excited about lego city as the community around here seems to be mainly under 14 anyway)

Lego City actually looks like a great game. Just looking at some gameplay convinced me that it's great.
There's lots of references to movies in the game and it has good humor.
---
"Common sense is not so common"
-My 7th grade teacher
#9meiyukiPosted 3/29/2013 2:08:21 PM
Why do I never have the c.s lewis quote around when I need it. I'm sure someone else will post it though.
#10the_cajun88Posted 3/29/2013 2:10:02 PM
Mario Kart Wii was good.