WiiU is Next-gen if you want it to be

#1youngbroPosted 3/29/2013 4:21:38 PM
the Devs are the ones making it a past gen console

"Oh we can make all these games for it, but we dont want to"

"WiiU can easily run this, but we just want to make it on the PS4"

"EA: oh you dont want to use our Online, fine no games for your console"

"These engines are very compatible with the WiiU, *some time later* oh we dont think WiiU can run this engine, but we are planning a PS4 version even though the retail specs arent finalized"

Something is very off here, PSvita is supported less than the WiiU, yet it gets games how?

$$$$$ talks

Either Sony is not doing anything, OR their using the last of their money to win over every to succeed this gen and then earn their money back.
---
Itagaki: In other games, you kill Enemies. In Ninja Gaiden the Enemies kill you.
Hayashi: In Ninja Gaiden 3 the Enemies beg for Mercy. Use Scythe OL360 or die
#2BuretsuPosted 3/29/2013 4:24:52 PM
We can next-gen if we want to.
We can leave our friends behind.
Because other consoles don't next-gen
And if they don't next-gen then they're no consoles of mine.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3fissionprimerPosted 3/29/2013 4:33:01 PM
it's all about games
---
obvious sticky (;
#4leopoldsharkPosted 3/29/2013 4:37:34 PM
Their decisions are understandable. The Wii U doesn't have the market they are pandering to and similar games have not done well historically on Wii U. It's not a good business decision to develop for the Wii U as well. Nintendo consumers are going to have to speak with their money if they want developers to see the Wii U as a profiting venture.

What does bother me is the consistent use of "next-gen" language from developers regarding the PS4 and whatever the Nextbox will be and not including the Wii U. It is fine to say that you don't have plans for the Wii U but are planning to support other next-gen consoles. Developers should choose their words more carefully so they don't instigate more console wars.
#5The_DarkwalkerPosted 3/29/2013 4:39:07 PM
The Wii U is not a "next-gen" system. Doesn't mean it can't find at least some success as long as Nintendo delivers on its first-party games.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#6DarthFloatyPosted 3/29/2013 4:41:04 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...
The Wii U is not a "next-gen" system. Doesn't mean it can't find at least some success as long as Nintendo delivers on its first-party games.

How is it not next gen but PS4 is? The gal between the Wii U and PS3 is about the the same as the PS4 and Wii U gap.
#7super_taco_ftwPosted 3/29/2013 4:41:56 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...

You're right, it's a current gen system, just like the Vita, 3DS, PS4 and Nextbox are. Last gen was so 2011.
---
What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#8She-HolcPosted 3/29/2013 4:44:31 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...

quoted for drone awareness
#9BuretsuPosted 3/29/2013 4:46:01 PM
She-Holc posted...
The_Darkwalker posted...

quoted for drone awareness

Because the military attack drones need to know the stupid people to explode?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#10DTY3Posted 3/29/2013 4:47:42 PM
Wii U is 8th gen.

The terms next and current are kinda poor terms at this point seeing as we have been transitioning since 3DS.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.