Tell me why anyone should care about any FPS's on any consoles when there is PC

#11Aoshi_KnivesPosted 3/29/2013 7:18:59 PM
Never been a fan of FPS or PC games I will stick to Wii U/Playstation where the real gaming is.

PC just has shallow feeling games it is hard for me to describe it just feels like something is missing from them.
#12elheberPosted 3/29/2013 7:23:57 PM
I don't have a gaming rig. My $300 consoles kept outliving my $1200 gaming rigs, so I stopped buying them.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#13shadestreetPosted 3/29/2013 7:41:52 PM
Here is what I enjoy about console gaming:

1) I buy a console, and don't have to worry about it for ~5 years. No upgrades on RAM, OS, CPU, Graphics cards, gamepads, etc. Simple.

2) I buy a game, I know it will work. I don't have to compare the requirements, tinker with settings, etc.

3) No DRM

4) I know many more people that play console games than PC games, so I have a wider net of people to play online with

5) Total Cost of Ownership much lower

6) Gameplay experiences are more varied on consoles. Motion control, Kinect, WiiPad.

7) The exclusives I want are on consoles. Super Mario Galaxy, Tekken, Ikaruga, Final Fantasty Tactics, Symphony of the Night, God of War.

8) Somewhere around the time of the PS2 era, the graphics became good enough where I simply stopped caring about the disparity between PC and console... probably last upgrade on my "gaming rig" was to play Unreal Tournament back in... 99? I forget...

9) for the actual topic title... I have never played a FPS that surpassed Perfect Dark, and for that reason, I really haven't enjoyed the genre since.
#14NikraPosted 3/29/2013 7:47:18 PM(edited)
shadestreet posted...
Here is what I enjoy about console gaming:

1) I buy a console, and don't have to worry about it for ~5 years. No upgrades on RAM, OS, CPU, Graphics cards, gamepads, etc. Simple.

2) I buy a game, I know it will work. I don't have to compare the requirements, tinker with settings, etc.

3) No DRM

4) I know many more people that play console games than PC games, so I have a wider net of people to play online with

5) Total Cost of Ownership much lower

6) Gameplay experiences are more varied on consoles. Motion control, Kinect, WiiPad.

7) The exclusives I want are on consoles. Super Mario Galaxy, Tekken, Ikaruga, Final Fantasty Tactics, Symphony of the Night, God of War.

8) Somewhere around the time of the PS2 era, the graphics became good enough where I simply stopped caring about the disparity between PC and console... probably last upgrade on my "gaming rig" was to play Unreal Tournament back in... 99? I forget...

9) for the actual topic title... I have never played a FPS that surpassed Perfect Dark, and for that reason, I really haven't enjoyed the genre since.

This.
And for the record; Perfect Dark 64 ROCKS. LOL
#15Phasmatis92Posted 3/29/2013 8:29:17 PM
Because the Wiimote and nunchuk is more fun than a mouse.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.