Mass Effect 3 sold less then 50,000 units on Wii U

#111sonicsonicPosted 3/30/2013 3:59:47 PM
EA. They should have released the Trilogy. Whose gonna buy ME3 for WiiU when it is cheaper on other consoles and your previous game completes have an impact on the game. They are incompetent really.

I would never get Mass Effect 3 on the WiiU.
#112ArabrockermanXPosted 3/30/2013 4:02:27 PM
Paulf001 posted...
So who is to blame for this EA or Wii U owners. This seems to be the reason why EA doesn't want to touch the Wii U now.

A little bit of both but I think EA is mostly to blame here... Releasing the trilogy in the same time period just seems like a great way to kill any chance of the Wii U version selling.
#113spacejamjordanzPosted 3/30/2013 4:05:13 PM
Funny I just had my Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3) delivered to me on Thursday. For $30 due to EA's sale.

The Wii U version of ME3 is still full price. Consumers aren't stupid.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#114spacejamjordanzPosted 3/30/2013 4:08:08 PM
sonicsonic posted...
EA. They should have released the Trilogy. Whose gonna buy ME3 for WiiU when it is cheaper on other consoles and your previous game completes have an impact on the game. They are incompetent really.

I would never get Mass Effect 3 on the WiiU.

They can do it, but I don't know if they will. That means they will dedicate resources into porting the other two games.
All they had to for PS3 was port the first game since ME2 was already ported two years ago. Also Microsoft's exclusivity agreement expired late 2012 for ME1.
---
#115arvilinoPosted 3/30/2013 4:09:16 PM
Paulf001 posted...
So who is to blame for this EA or Wii U owners.

EA is to blame, also(but very much less so) the 50,000 people who purchased it.
#116ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/30/2013 4:11:07 PM
How dare Wii U owners ignore a port of an old game at FULL PRICE, when there is a trilogy available. Seriously, how ****ing dare them, stupid drones.

No, it's EA's and Nintendo's fault, not ours.
#117mistergrownmanPosted 3/30/2013 4:48:50 PM
OK honestly.... Mass Effect 3 releases on the Wii U, then EA turns around and releases the Mass Effect Trilogy for the other platforms. That's a slap in the face.

Why would they pay full price for just the third game, when others platforms are getting all three for the same price?
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#118ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/30/2013 5:41:05 PM
I'm tired of these mother ****ers thinking they can port some bull**** and expect us to buy it, and then when we don't they can use that as an excuse not to support the Wii U.
#119spacejamjordanzPosted 3/30/2013 7:24:32 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I'm tired of these mother ****ers thinking they can port some bull**** and expect us to buy it, and then when we don't they can use that as an excuse not to support the Wii U.

True. Why would I buy ME3 on Wii U when I can get all three games cheaper on another platform.
---
#120kayoticdreamzPosted 3/30/2013 7:39:31 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
lol this

if ea expected more than this then they really are out of their minds

for an AAA game that sold millions, one would expect at least hundred thousand in sales, to sell the same as an extremely niche title doesnt paint a pretty picture.

nope they were out of there minds this was a failure waiting to happen