A year ago, Nintendo did something pretty amazing

#1PhaseBlackPosted 3/30/2013 9:05:37 AM
They released a game called Kid Icarus: Uprising, and despite being very strange in it's control scheme it was still a mesmerizing experience and felt like something truly new from them in such a long time. It's easily one of the best games they have made in years and has that addictive and charming nature Nintendo games use to be known for.

What did Nintendo do right after though? They closed down the studio and let Sakurai not even consider making a sequel, they didnt even bother trying to assign a new studio to this revitalized series. So much potential in a sequel to Uprising, with it possibly being for Wii U and they literally threw away any future the series had.

This is just one example of why the people in charge at Nintendo need to be replaced, why the Wii U is being dragged through the mud right before the competing new consoles are getting ready for launch when it has the market to itself at the moment, and why we see the most beloved franchises of Nintendo growing stale
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2QueezZeenartPosted 3/30/2013 9:19:58 AM
Nintendo hates the Kid Icarus series. That's been obvious for the past 25 years. A lost chance to milk another franchise, in my opinion.
#3McmadnessV3Posted 3/30/2013 9:20:33 AM
You do know that Sakurai had gone on record to say he didn't want to make another one right?
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#4Baha05Posted 3/30/2013 9:21:59 AM(edited)
No I'm pretty sure it was closed down because they made the game, also I'm pretty damn sure Sakurai did not want to make a sequel anyhow.

Also inb4Anti Gamer Endgame
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5CSplitterPosted 3/30/2013 9:23:05 AM
I believe the studio was made just for that one game. Noone imposed that on them. It's creation would serve that purpose and then close down.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#6zatOMGPosted 3/30/2013 9:24:22 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
They released a game called Kid Icarus: Uprising, and despite being very strange in it's control scheme it was still a mesmerizing experience and felt like something truly new from them in such a long time. It's easily one of the best games they have made in years and has that addictive and charming nature Nintendo games use to be known for.

What did Nintendo do right after though? They closed down the studio and let Sakurai not even consider making a sequel, they didnt even bother trying to assign a new studio to this revitalized series. So much potential in a sequel to Uprising, with it possibly being for Wii U and they literally threw away any future the series had.

This is just one example of why the people in charge at Nintendo need to be replaced, why the Wii U is being dragged through the mud right before the competing new consoles are getting ready for launch when it has the market to itself at the moment, and why we see the most beloved franchises of Nintendo growing stale

I didn't care for the game, only made it through 8 chapters. Nothing wrong with it, controls were ok IMO, just... bleh. I found the banter irritating and lame. Yet I like Lego City's. To each their own.

I don't think any of what you said is indicative of why Nintendo is having a hard time, though...
#7jjeerryyonly9Posted 3/30/2013 10:01:56 AM
zatOMG posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

I didn't care for the game, only made it through 8 chapters. Nothing wrong with it, controls were ok IMO, just... bleh. I found the banter irritating and lame. Yet I like Lego City's. To each their own.

I don't think any of what you said is indicative of why Nintendo is having a hard time, though...

I didn't like the controls at first, either. But once I switched them to play like MGS: Peace Walker, the game became hugely more fun for me.

KI: Uprising is, so far, the only game I like for the 3DS.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#8emagdnEPosted 3/30/2013 10:32:07 AM
if by "something amazing" you mean "something that constitutes crimes against humanity", then yes, that's EXACTLY what Nintendo did when they released the torture device disguised as a game that is Kid Icarus: Uprising

but hey, Hackurai's experiencing some arm problems after developing it! poetic justice!
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#9PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:01:25 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
You do know that Sakurai had gone on record to say he didn't want to make another one right?

He said the same thing with Brawl yet he was forced into making SSB4. Nintendo though closed down the studio that made Uprising instead
---
PSVita & 3DS
#10Poopcorn13Posted 3/30/2013 5:04:38 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...

He said the same thing with Brawl yet he was forced into making SSB4. Nintendo though closed down the studio that made Uprising instead

How does one get forced into directing a game?
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia