Tired of being laughed at for supporting Nintendo!

#1Heartless18Posted 3/30/2013 12:04:08 PM
A few weeks ago I went to Gamestop (huge mistake) to pick up Lego City Undercover. The two idiots behind the counter (both wearing Gears of War t-shirts, ugh) start snickering about the game and one of them says "Even my 5 year old nephew is too old for this game". I just ignore them, figuring I won't be back anyway, so screw them.

Fast-forward to earlier this week when I go to Target to pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 and a new Pikachu 3DS. The guy who rings me up asks if I want a gift receipt. I tell him no, it's for me, so I don't need one, His response? "Seriously? You're actually going to use this?" I'm already fed up, but I try to remain cool. I tell him that I'm a big Pokemon fan and that the system is right up my alley. He literally laughs in my face.

I think I'm just going to stick to online ordering now, because I'm tired of being ridiculed for supporting Nintendo. I even went back to Target and told the manager that this guy was very rude, but it seems like no one gave a ****.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 3/30/2013 12:05:34 PM
And you care what other people think about you
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#3DrumguyPosted 3/30/2013 12:07:15 PM
KAMMYqueen posted...
And you care what other people think about you

Tell them it's your money so you can choose what you can do with it. And take your business elsewhere.

GoW sucks anyway.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#4blm03vPosted 3/30/2013 12:08:46 PM
Never happened, Lego City wasn't available "a few weeks ago".
#5picanoPosted 3/30/2013 12:11:55 PM
File a complaint with their management and move on. --- Mark and move on.

Same strategy applies to real life and the forums. Though, in real life you can at least scare the guy with threat even if you don't carry it out. Business higher ups really don't like when their employees discourage sales.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#6DrumguyPosted 3/30/2013 12:13:13 PM
picano posted...
Though, in real life you can at least scare the guy with threat even if you don't carry it out.

Yeah, that seems like a good idea.....
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#7gamebuyer22Posted 3/30/2013 12:14:56 PM
If you are a guy maybe you should replace your panties with some boxers. I doubt that happened. You shouldnt be buying Lego games anyway. Way to easy no value. Too many technical problems. I doubt someone laughed at you for buying the 3DS either. Joke topic anyway. Why would it even bother you?
#8trenton97Posted 3/30/2013 12:16:27 PM
blm03v posted...
Never happened, Lego City wasn't available "a few weeks ago".

Woah. Sherlock/10 bro.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#9cloudtheprophetPosted 3/30/2013 12:17:02 PM
Where do u live so I can never go there lol! Seriously my local games top is very cool I talk to the store manager every time I go in about the Wii U. He was excited about Lego City and was very understanding when I canceled my preorder when I found it at best buy before they received shipment. I assume part of it is because I spend money there which I expect is just good business. Moral of the story is not to alienate paying customers!
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#10surferguy7Posted 3/30/2013 12:17:12 PM
I have my doubts about the validity of this post but: People are ignorant, get used to it.

Or give them a small two minute lecture. It isn't that hard to deconstruct someone's stupidity when they act as childish as that.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.