(Poll) Besides platformer, whats Mario's best genre?

#11pixel378Posted 3/30/2013 5:11:58 PM
Paper Mario is amazing. I really wish they would go back to the original and TTYD with a wii u game, no super paper mario, it wasn't nearly as good. I don't count Smash as a Mario franchise.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#12DTY3Posted 3/30/2013 5:13:26 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
I'll say racing since I don't want to say Smash is a Mario spin-off.

Well it kind of is...replace Smash with Mario in the title, and theres your inspiration for the title Super Smash Bros.

That can't be the only reason why you would think that is. I just don't see it in the game.

It's not the only reason. It also has both Mario brothers, Princess Peach, Bowser, Yoshi etc. If you think Super Smash Bros would exist without Mario, you are fooling yourself.

That's a pathetic argument.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#13MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:13:44 PM
DTY3 posted...
Smash Bros is a Kirby fighting game.

It borrows more from Kirby than any other franchise.

It is NOT a Mario game and it would totally do fine without Mario.

If Mario didn't exist neither would Super Smash Bros.
#14MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:16:02 PM
DTY3 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
I'll say racing since I don't want to say Smash is a Mario spin-off.

Well it kind of is...replace Smash with Mario in the title, and theres your inspiration for the title Super Smash Bros.

That can't be the only reason why you would think that is. I just don't see it in the game.

It's not the only reason. It also has both Mario brothers, Princess Peach, Bowser, Yoshi etc. If you think Super Smash Bros would exist without Mario, you are fooling yourself.

That's a pathetic argument.

Your arguement is literally nothing. You havent provided any proof or reasoning of your opinion.
#15RioichiCooperPosted 3/30/2013 5:38:08 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
DTY3 posted...

The same can be said about Kirby, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc. It's a big crossover series that doesn't owe its existence to any one franchise.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#16McmadnessV3Posted 3/30/2013 6:30:10 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Not in a cross over sense maybe not, but I bet Sakurai would have simply made a kirby fighting game as an alternative.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#17freutty2Posted 3/30/2013 6:35:09 PM
SSB is not a Mario game. Just cause it has Mario, does not make it a Mario game.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#18Starwars4JPosted 3/30/2013 6:36:18 PM
I can't believe anyone would call Smash Bros a part of any one series
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#19MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:54:40 PM
Mario is in a fighting game, with only one word changed from his typical title. The majority of Mario characters are present. Fighting is a genre that is not platformer.

Not sure whats so hard to understand about that. It may not be a Mario game, but Mario & company are present.

Point being, Mario is a main staple in a very popular fighting game. It doesn't matter if it's a Mario game by title. It's not fair to say Mario doesn't have a fighting genre, when Super Smash wouldn't exist without him, and not only him but all his friends are playable too.

I can concede it's not a Mario game exactly, but to not mention Super Smash Bros as one of Mario's genres is wrong imo.
#20MarioMan847Posted 3/30/2013 8:29:16 PM
Im sorry, but if you say anything other than RPG, I don't understand you as a human being.
---
Video games are awesome.