Reggie lied to us at e3 about wii u having third party support

#1Murderstorm117Posted 3/30/2013 1:05:12 PM
We have been speckledorfed every big game is not coming to the wii u and all the new engines aren't either. What ever happened to the notion that this thing wouldn't end up like the wii?
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#2John_MagnumPosted 3/30/2013 1:06:57 PM
Well, to be fair, the Wii U's third-party support is a lot better than the Wii's. The Wii didn't even manage to get slightly-enhanced or equal ports of six-month-old games; its third-party support was even worse than that.
---
John Magnum
The Next Liefeld
#3MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 3/30/2013 1:09:11 PM
John_Magnum posted...
Well, to be fair, the Wii U's third-party support is a lot better than the Wii's. The Wii didn't even manage to get slightly-enhanced or equal ports of six-month-old games; its third-party support was even worse than that.

That will be the case again once the true next gen consoles come out. 3rd party developers won't even bother with giving the Wii U crappy ports for the most part.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#4MilesTeg420Posted 3/30/2013 1:10:43 PM
John_Magnum posted...

I would disagree, for now. No one wants old games. I'll take the niche exclusives on Wii over Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, and Deus Ex.

Not to mention, third party support has dropped completely almost all around. We won't even be getting these old game ports soon.
#5SAMCROftwPosted 3/30/2013 1:18:26 PM(edited)
This is a surprise to you? Every E3, Reggie runs his mouth and spouts lies while he pulls off an incredible Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men performance with that determined look on his face trying to trick you into thinking Nintendo's got some good stuff up their sleeves.

EDIT: You know what, I think Reggie's on stage performance would instead be more like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men. For one simple reason...
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"
#6Schwepps01Posted 3/30/2013 1:18:18 PM
John_Magnum posted...

The only reason why this is happening is because the Wii U has graphics on part with current gen systems. The minute the PS4 comes out, kiss all support goodbye.

Not that what we have now is any good. Why would I play any of those games on the Wii U when I could play them on the PS3/360--"last gen consoles"--and with trophy support, and bustling online? I mean what kind of message is that sending to everyone?

Nintendo needs good exclusives that make good use of that big controller. Which is where the Wii U dropped the ball. And I'm not talking about Nintendo first party games. While I don't mind Mario Kart # 38 or Zelda # 75, I'm not going to buy the same game over with a different controller. Where is the innovation? Truth is, there is none. Outside of that big nasty tablet, the Wii U is another Wii. It's a lot like the DS concept and its two screens--good idea in theory, but mostly either ignored or used as a "pause" or "map" screen.

The only difference is that Nintendo has always had the portable market so we just accept it. The Vita is actually a very good system but run by a company that knows nothing about portable gaming.
---
#7DrumguyPosted 3/30/2013 1:18:49 PM
Lol so much pessimism. Oh well.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#8cloudtheprophetPosted 3/30/2013 1:24:33 PM
EA lied to us about supporting the Wii U. Did u watch JR on stage with Iwata last E3 showing off battlefield and Madden neither of which we will be getting this year?
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#9MilesTeg420Posted 3/30/2013 1:24:49 PM
Reggie should have been pushing third parties to create original IP for Wii U, not an emphasis on porting old games. Believe it or not Reggie, Nintendo gamers played Batman too. They had to get another system when you stopped releasing Wii games in early 2010.

Third parties could have put that 15-20 man team on making original Wii U content instead of porting old content to a new system with touch screen gimmicks. Thats what Reggie should have pushed for. Now third party support is dead because no one wants old games, but third party sees it as the usual only Nintendo software sells platform, our franchises don't perform here so whats the point? When in reality, we just want new games.
#10usaamahlinkPosted 3/30/2013 1:28:49 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
We have been speckledorfed every big game is not coming to the wii u and all the new engines aren't either. What ever happened to the notion that this thing wouldn't end up like the wii?

Those games were coming to Wii U... but ended up getting cancelled (Metal Gear Rising: Revengence comes to mind), because of poor initial sales momentum, small install base and the need for publishers to see instant gratification.. Its a cut throat business for bigger publishers and stuff, they cant be patient, to their merit or at their (and Nintendo gamers) expenses, well see in the coming years.. It could have been strong if devs/publishers just stuck with it and drove the install base along with the Nintendo first party games, them pulling out makes the proposition weaker, and makes it harder to gain momentum but also ensures that they dont gain any traction on the system, so its kinda like a winloselose, or a winwinlose, or a winlosewin depending on how it goes the next couple years...
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)