Reggie lied to us at e3 about wii u having third party support

#11KenauePosted 3/30/2013 12:51:17 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
John_Magnum posted...
Well, to be fair, the Wii U's third-party support is a lot better than the Wii's. The Wii didn't even manage to get slightly-enhanced or equal ports of six-month-old games; its third-party support was even worse than that.

I would disagree, for now. No one wants old games. I'll take the niche exclusives on Wii over Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, and Deus Ex.

Not to mention, third party support has dropped completely almost all around. We won't even be getting these old game ports soon.

I really enjoyed Arkham City. Never got to play it, so I picked it up with my Wii U. Easily worth the purchase.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#12xbs2034Posted 3/30/2013 1:01:38 PM
cloudtheprophet posted...
EA lied to us about supporting the Wii U. Did u watch JR on stage with Iwata last E3 showing off battlefield and Madden neither of which we will be getting this year?

I bet they will release Madden given the history of that almost always being on platforms (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure last year was the first time they didn't release it on PS2), all they have said so far is that it will just confirmed release on PS3 and 360 and wouldn't discuss other platforms at the time, they will probably announce WiiU and Vita, maybe even 3DS or original Wii around the time they announce the PS4 and 720 versions of the game that we know are coming.

Though given EA's history and lack of WiiU effort, I wouldn't be shocked if they basically just take last year's game, update the roster, and sell it for full price.
#13KenauePosted 3/30/2013 1:04:08 PM
xbs2034 posted...
cloudtheprophet posted...
EA lied to us about supporting the Wii U. Did u watch JR on stage with Iwata last E3 showing off battlefield and Madden neither of which we will be getting this year?

I bet they will release Madden given the history of that almost always being on platforms (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure last year was the first time they didn't release it on PS2), all they have said so far is that it will just confirmed release on PS3 and 360 and wouldn't discuss other platforms at the time, they will probably announce WiiU and Vita, maybe even 3DS or original Wii around the time they announce the PS4 and 720 versions of the game that we know are coming.

Though given EA's history and lack of WiiU effort, I wouldn't be shocked if they basically just take last year's game, update the roster, and sell it for full price.

Maddens fun....but I'd rather have NCAA...EA used to make awesome portable NCAA games on the PSP...wish they'd continue that trend on the 3DS/Vita. I'd buy the U version and the Vita version.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#14lordofthenlpplePosted 3/30/2013 1:12:53 PM
Wii owners rarely buy third party games. Top Wii games are games like Mario and Wii fit.
---
Waiting to buy a PS4 and a Geforce 670
#15DiscostewSMPosted 3/30/2013 1:17:43 PM
Was this lying of Reggie before or after 3rd-party developers started pulling out? You can't blame him if they were on board at the time he made mention of them, because if he was lying at that time, then why haven't we heard from said 3rd-party developers back then about it being a lie?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#16excitebike64Posted 3/30/2013 1:36:28 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
This is a surprise to you? Every E3, Reggie runs his mouth and spouts lies while he pulls off an incredible Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men performance with that determined look on his face trying to trick you into thinking Nintendo's got some good stuff up their sleeves.

EDIT: You know what, I think Reggie's on stage performance would instead be more like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men. For one simple reason...
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

Reggie never really lies. What he does is say the obvious in a way that gets people's attention. Third party support is there, and will be more evident in time, not the opposite. I do think the Japanese 3rd party will be strongest. Ubisoft for now is also on board.

That being said, it also depends on what you mean by 3rd party. A company can release games for the WiiU and release different games on a PS4 and they would still be 3rd party support.

EA seems the only one trying not to be, but they still are. Epic is tying to sound hardcore, but they know they need the money, so they tried to soften the BS while still supporting a hint of BS for what they believe is their core audience.

Lets face it, Epic backtracked what they said because they got phone calls from Nintendo. Either that or share holders. Simple as that.
#17ElectricMolePosted 3/30/2013 1:39:07 PM
* Reggie shrugging shoulders jpeg here*
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188