So wait, why is everyone saying the WiiU will fail if....

#121_21Posted 3/30/2013 1:22:06 PM
Why is everyone saying the WiiU will fail if the console is getting a new Zelda and Smash? Dont' people know these two alone can sell the console by a freaking lot?

Also, people buy the WiiU for first party titles, so who cares if it has horrible third party support?

I'm not referring to trolls, though. Just pessimists.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#2crimsonclaw111Posted 3/30/2013 1:25:32 PM
Because Nintendo is 6-7 years behind other companies who already have made the transition to HD. As a result, they are struggling to develop games and thus will release less first party titles than before.

Not to mention Zelda and Smash are pretty ****ing far off.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:27:08 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Because Nintendo is 6-7 years behind other companies who already have made the transition to HD. As a result, they are struggling to develop games and thus will release less first party titles than before.

Not to mention Zelda and Smash are pretty ****ing far off.

Yeah but they'll last long enough to see those two games released anyway.

And as for HD. Like I said, people will only buy it for first party titles, not because it would be like the PS 3.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4Schwepps01Posted 3/30/2013 1:28:03 PM
So your excuse for Nintendo having a laughable system, AND outright lying on their promise of 3rd party support, is new Smash Bros and Zelda? Is that what you want? To keep buying Nintendo's new bad consoles just for their same first party games which come out once every two or so years which have long since stagnated? How about something new?

A console is supposed to be able to play all sorts of games. I shouldn't have to resort to buying other consoles in order to have fun. It shouldn't be the console I turn on once a year to play new Pikmin or whatever. That's not a console, it's a waste of space, and if nobody but Nintendo wants to design for their console, that should be extremely telling about the quality of the system as a whole.
---
#521_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:30:33 PM
Yes. Who cares if the WiiU has horrible third party lineup. People bought it for Mario, Zelda, and Smash.

Sure a console is supposed to play all sorts of games, and there is nothing wrong with seeing a good third party game on Nintendo's system.

But the reality is anyone who bought the WiiU was for Mario and Zelda, etc. That's just the way it is. If you really wanted to experience third party gaming then you shouldn't have bought a Nintendo console. That's just the way it is.
---
Currently playing:
#6crimsonclaw111Posted 3/30/2013 1:34:43 PM
21_21 posted...
Yes. Who cares if the WiiU has horrible third party lineup. People bought it for Mario, Zelda, and Smash.

Sure a console is supposed to play all sorts of games, and there is nothing wrong with seeing a good third party game on Nintendo's system.

But the reality is anyone who bought the WiiU was for Mario and Zelda, etc. That's just the way it is. If you really wanted to experience third party gaming then you shouldn't have bought a Nintendo console. That's just the way it is.

Sad but true, at least until Nintendo corporate has another shakeup.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/30/2013 1:38:26 PM
21_21 posted...

Most 3rd-party games are selling out to the Xbox crowd. Some are even twisting established series in genres like RPG (like The Elder Scrolls) and survival horror (like Resident Evil) into what is essentially just a generic action-adventure game.

The only third-party support that interests me are companies like Atlus, who will make old-school games.
#821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:40:37 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...

Most 3rd-party games are selling out to the Xbox crowd. Some are even twisting established series in genres like RPG (like The Elder Scrolls) and survival horror (like Resident Evil) into what is essentially just a generic action-adventure game.

The only third-party support that interests me are companies like Atlus, who will make old-school games.

It's not just Xbox crowd. Sony crowd has a good chunk of 3rd party support, too. Even third party titles who go out of their ways to support Nintendo show a lot more love for Sony, like Namco and Konami and even Atlus.
---
Currently playing:
#9Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/30/2013 1:47:34 PM
21_21 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...

It's not just Xbox crowd. Sony crowd has a good chunk of 3rd party support, too. Even third party titles who go out of their ways to support Nintendo show a lot more love for Sony, like Namco and Konami and even Atlus.

It's a shame Sony drove away RPGs.
#10Baha05Posted 3/30/2013 1:48:43 PM
The only issue with third party devs is how damn stupid they are in not creating original 8 Gen Exclusive titles for the Wii U. Because let's face it, porting games isn't going to help. The 360 and PS3 have far larger fanbases then the Wii U.

Not to mention people are forgetting the Wii U is on Par with LATE PS3/360 games. If it was on par with them in the true sense then we would be seeing a LOT more games looking like Condemned or other early life games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U