So wait, why is everyone saying the WiiU will fail if....

#21songoku0206Posted 3/30/2013 5:06:17 PM
21_21 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
These guys makes some valid points http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_957728&feature=iv&src_vid=p0xTJkeyN54&v=p0xTJkeyN54#t=36s

Well that was quite informative. Thing is, Nintendo needs to treat their other IPs properly, too. I need my Custom Robo!
Custom Robo was so awesome, but yeah I agree it only a matter of time before fans wake up a see what Nintendo is trying to do.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#22jorheadPosted 3/30/2013 5:16:35 PM
Tired 1st party retreads characters do not a successfull console make.

But if that's all you want from your gaming experience then more power to you.

Almost everyone expects 1st party games to save Nintendo when and if it needs saving. One day,it may not be enough.
---
XBL GT is Ruthless4u
#23ORANGE666Posted 3/30/2013 5:25:56 PM
Latest Zelda game Skyward Sword on Wii sold 3.5 million on a system with a 90 million install base. Is 3.5 million sales a system seller these days? Some companies need to sell that much just to break even in profits, much less sell a system
#24GamerguymassPosted 3/30/2013 5:45:18 PM
How did the N64 fail? It was an amazing system, so I have no idea what some of you are talking about. Basically anything from Rare or Nintendo at that time was simply gold. Not to mention it had two of what are regarded as the top three games of all time with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. There was still a good amount of third party games, though the PSX had more and usually better RPGs I'll admit. The PSX also had a TON of crap though, most of it probably was.
#25Baha05Posted 3/30/2013 5:48:22 PM
Honestly I don't know how you even measure a system for failing. If it's in units sold?Games? What?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#2621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:57:13 PM
Thing is, Nintendo always manage to pull out of the heat one way or another. I always knew the WiiU launch was too early, and it sucks that I'm right...
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#27crimsonclaw111Posted 3/30/2013 6:18:46 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Because Nintendo is 6-7 years behind other companies who already have made the transition to HD. As a result, they are struggling to develop games and thus will release less first party titles than before.

Not to mention Zelda and Smash are pretty ****ing far off.

Smash will be out some time 2014.

Allegedly. Last Smash game was delayed several times.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#2821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:52:26 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
ArabrockermanX posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Because Nintendo is 6-7 years behind other companies who already have made the transition to HD. As a result, they are struggling to develop games and thus will release less first party titles than before.

Smash will be out some time 2014.

Allegedly. Last Smash game was delayed several times.

Yeah but Nintendo is getting Namco's help with this, so there shouldn't be much delay. Plus we're supposedly getting a playable demo of the game at E3.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#29Lord_KagatoPosted 3/30/2013 9:54:20 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Just like with what happened with the original Wii!

Oh wait... original Wii won the generation.... Oops.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#3021_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:02:21 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Just like with what happened with the original Wii!

Oh wait... original Wii won the generation.... Oops.

Well that's subjective. If we're going by sales, then yeah, sure. But quality wise, I believe Sony won once again.
---
Currently playing: