If Nintendo is so innovative, why cant they develop a new series for Wii U?

#31Lefty128kPosted 4/1/2013 2:31:50 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Because they can just release another Mario or Zelda rehash and their fanboys will gobble them up. If you want great new IPs that last more than one game, and aren't casual nonsense, look at Sony.

Yes because God of War 5 is certainly new and innovative.

Also L-O-L at claiming Zelda is "casual nonsense." Or even the Super Mario series for that matter.

God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, etc... are also pretty much the very definition of casual games.

You should step up and try something besides easy mode.
#32deathslovePosted 4/1/2013 2:40:19 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Because they can just release another Mario or Zelda rehash and their fanboys will gobble them up. If you want great new IPs that last more than one game, and aren't casual nonsense, look at Sony.

Also L-O-L at claiming Zelda is "casual nonsense." Or even the Super Mario series for that matter.

I know right, zelda and mario are so hardcore gaming, that is why all the middle school girls talk about it along with COD when they say, "hey guys im a girlllllll gamerrr, I am such a nerd xD" and why all the high school kids get zelda tattoos
#33GamerguymassPosted 4/1/2013 2:49:24 AM
deathslove posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I know right, zelda and mario are so hardcore gaming, that is why all the middle school girls talk about it along with COD when they say, "hey guys im a girlllllll gamerrr, I am such a nerd xD" and why all the high school kids get zelda tattoos

Meaning a casual isn't going to have the patience to sit through and play a 50+ hour Zelda game. By definition casual gamers are just that: casual. They don't devote as much time to it and tend to be not as good as "hardcore" gamers. Not that Zelda is super hard or anything, but it has enough difficulty and exploration that most casuals wouldn't either bother getting it in the first place or actually play all the way through.

You are deluding yourself if you think its casuals that buy the majority of Zelda games.
#34Mattatron42Posted 4/1/2013 3:21:19 AM
rindain posted...
Nintendo desparately needs a new character-driven IP. The latest addition to the Nintendo "family" were the Pikmin and Olimar 12 years ago.

Dillons Rolling Western and Pushmo/Crashmo
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#35ritz2Posted 4/1/2013 3:40:51 AM
go on nintendo's japanese website and look at their list of games owned by first second or contracted parties

nintendo makes the most new ips out of any dev, possibly excluding capcom
---
http://i.imgur.com/UaixE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gmA0FEi.jpg
#36Oni_TaedoPosted 4/1/2013 4:09:08 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, etc... are also pretty much the very definition of casual games.

Why?
I could play GoW on a harder difficulty, but that just makes my attacks do less damage, that's not making the game harder, that's making it feel more tedious than it already is.

Try Ninja Gaiden, sometime. Playing on harder difficulties makes enemies work harder, as if they were trying to kill you.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#37DonomegaPosted 4/1/2013 4:35:41 AM
A new series? Man o man, it takes them years to release a remake of an old game, wonder how long it would take them to make a brand new game?
---
XBL: RobDaCool | NNID: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#38Lefty128kPosted 4/1/2013 4:44:01 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Why?
I could play GoW on a harder difficulty, but that just makes my attacks do less damage, that's not making the game harder, that's making it feel more tedious than it already is.

Try Ninja Gaiden, sometime. Playing on harder difficulties makes enemies work harder, as if they were trying to kill you.

No. That's an oversimplification of God of War difficulty levels.

Also, you forgot to address Uncharted or Killzone. We can only wonder why.
#39ninsony12Posted 4/1/2013 4:46:23 AM
Nintendoland. And so ends the 100th uninformed troll topic of the day.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#40JackalPosted 4/1/2013 4:47:56 AM
You're asking the sun to rise in the West and set in the East.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz