Regarding Wii U's "power"...

#1DUBTunerPosted 3/30/2013 7:45:18 PM(edited)
How come no one mentions the fact that the Wii U is playing the same games that took about 8 years for developers to reach that graphical level on Xbox 360 and PS3?

What I am saying is that there's really no way to know for sure what the Wii U is capable of in terms of power.
---
"Let me explain the difference between you and me: you watch Star Trek, I live it."
Howard Wolowitz
#2LeetyroneusPosted 3/30/2013 7:47:39 PM
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-But the trolls won't have anything to b#$@& about. Who am I kidding they're like cockroaches, jealous little cockroaches
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#3rindainPosted 3/30/2013 7:48:06 PM
You're right of course...it's telling that WIi U can runs ports of late-gen PS360 games with minimal time devoted to optimization.

Wii U is more powerful and capable of better graphics than 360 or PS3. This should be obvious since it has at least twice the RAM available to games (1 GB vs. 512 MB) and a much more modern and powerful GPU.

Just wait until Retro shows their game. It will be comparable or superior to anything released on the PS3 or 360.
#4MegaWinFTWPosted 3/30/2013 7:49:55 PM
The games will definitely get better looking, the issue is more that usually even launch titles for new hardware tend to look like they couldn't be done on older stuff. Nothing on the Wii U has that effect, at least not compared to the PS3/360, it's a step up from the Wii but when it's not that big an improvement over consoles that have been around for 7 or so years it comes off as a bit underwhelming.
#5DiscostewSMPosted 3/30/2013 7:51:31 PM
TC, it's been something I bring up almost every time someone keeps trying to prove how Wii U is only as powerful as last-gen. It's like they had amnesia of the last 7 years, and think last-gen hardware has been doing this quality we see now the entire time. Maybe I should say they have "selective amnesia".
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project