So how long before Nintendo patches in a universal trophy system?

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 3/30/2013 7:49:32 PM
Even sony realized that achievements/trophies were a big thing and updated with a universal trophy system. Hopefully it doesn't take them until their next console.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2tenyeardecayPosted 3/30/2013 9:34:58 PM
The months and year before launch, they (Nintendo) said that the system could have achievements/trophies (think they're calling them "accomplishments" though), but that it's up to the developers to implement them (like Sony did at first).

So if any of the developers and publishers start giving a damn about the Wii U console and want to implement "accomplishments" and do so on a regular basis then maybe Nintendo will make it mandatory.
---
Kabuki: The Alchemy - David Mack
#3Baha05Posted 3/30/2013 9:37:10 PM
Pretty much up to devs. I mean when you think about it none of them have ever had a choice not to put in Achievements, from Microsoft it's always been forced, I think the same is said about Sony.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4PangLaPosted 3/30/2013 9:39:44 PM
tenyeardecay posted...
The months and year before launch, they (Nintendo) said that the system could have achievements/trophies (think they're calling them "accomplishments" though), but that it's up to the developers to implement them (like Sony did at first).

So if any of the developers and publishers start giving a damn about the Wii U console and want to implement "accomplishments" and do so on a regular basis then maybe Nintendo will make it mandatory.

That's in game achievements though, which is totally worthless since you can only see them in one game and not a universal achievement system like ps3/360.
#5MathewMansonPosted 3/30/2013 9:44:20 PM
Some games have them on the Wii U.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#6tenyeardecayPosted 3/30/2013 10:03:51 PM
PangLa, that's what I'm saying. If and when they start doing so or pester Nintendo about it, Nintendo may have it mandatory.

Sony WAS the SAME WAY at first.
---
Kabuki: The Alchemy - David Mack
#7Reece504Posted 3/31/2013 5:57:26 AM
How about Wii-Wards :D ?
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#8DTY3Posted 3/31/2013 6:00:53 AM
I know they would be called Accomplishments, but Im a fan of the term 'Accolades' myself.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9STE573Posted 3/31/2013 6:06:31 AM
I still don't fully understand why the Wii U didn't launch with one, it's just like Nintendo to distance themselves from something popular then implement it at a later date though, so I would expect one to arrive soon, but I think it's not exactly a priority at the moment.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#10Crimson10BladesPosted 3/31/2013 6:17:29 AM
PangLa posted...
tenyeardecay posted...

That's in game achievements though, which is totally worthless since you can only see them in one game and not a universal achievement system like ps3/360.

They're both equally pointless though.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades