Wonder how long it will be before my Wii U will play some games.

#1katman243Posted 3/31/2013 1:27:51 AM
Rented Monster Hunter Ultimate and Sonic and Sega all-stars racing transformed, and neither worked. I also rented ScribbleNauts Unlimited, but that one did work. I own ZombieU, Nintendo Land, and NSMBU, and those all work.

For the two that didn't work, the discs were in perfect condition, no scratches or smudges. The wii u locks up at the start screen of the game, before the game even loads.

Come on now, Pikmin 3 will be out soon, and I am not waiting any extra time once the game gets released xD
---
3DS Friend Code; 3780-9015-3429
#2Oni_TaedoPosted 3/31/2013 1:32:01 AM
Why do I doubt this?
Is everyone else's Wii U come standard with bugs, and the lone unit I've been sort of rocking out with special, in that it hasn't had any problems, except a few, rare, and minor instances when it froze up while going in between trolling Miiverse, playing NSMBU, the internet browser, Youtube, and the Wii channel.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#3katman243(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 1:34:58 AM
All the other games run great, no hiccups or anything. My gamefly subscription means jack diddily squat if the games I rent from them don't work half the time xD
---
#4sanas_thirituPosted 3/31/2013 1:35:34 AM
wii u needs more games, thats true. And perhaps, the marketing could have been better. Only then will the sales increase.
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#5katman243(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 1:36:56 AM(edited)
sanas_thiritu posted...
wii u needs more games, thats true. And perhaps, the marketing could have been better. Only then will the sales increase.

Uh, what? While I agree with this, what does this have to do with this thread?
---
#6SocranPosted 3/31/2013 2:16:49 AM
katman243 posted...
sanas_thiritu posted...

Uh, what? While I agree with this, what does this have to do with this thread?

People don't read, and assume it's a copy/paste of every other topic.

Anyway, there's clearly something wrong with your system and you should call Nintendo about it. I've never heard of an issue like this, so it's not something that's just gonna be fixed with a system update. Don't just let a faulty system sit there when you can get it fixed for free.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#7sanas_thirituPosted 3/31/2013 2:25:12 AM
sorry, just rad the topic. had to much beer. sorry
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#8Oni_TaedoPosted 3/31/2013 2:41:10 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
sorry, just rad the topic. had to much beer. sorry

Lucky you. All my money went to gym fees and rent, no booze this week.

What is Easter without booze, it makes it half believable that the zombified son of God rose from his grave, just shortly after his death, and managed to move a massive boulder that took several men to place.

Well, back to believing in the words of a hallucinating pedophile.

On topic, yeah, get your console fixed, looked at, what have you.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#9mjc0961Posted 3/31/2013 3:27:30 AM
Socran posted...
Anyway, there's clearly something wrong with your system and you should call Nintendo about it. I've never heard of an issue like this, so it's not something that's just gonna be fixed with a system update. Don't just let a faulty system sit there when you can get it fixed for free.

This. I don't get why people complain about problems like this or their Wii U's being really loud instead of doing something about it. You have a free 1 year warranty (longer if you registered on Club Nintendo). Get that s*** fixed now while you aren't going to be missing it due to the small library. If you wait until a game you really want finally comes out and you can't play it because that's when your Wii U finally bites it, that's going to be your own fault and when you come back here crying about how you can't play Pikmin 3 TC, I will have no sympathy for you.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#10SocranPosted 3/31/2013 3:54:15 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Socran posted...

This. I don't get why people complain about problems like this or their Wii U's being really loud instead of doing something about it. You have a free 1 year warranty (longer if you registered on Club Nintendo). Get that s*** fixed now while you aren't going to be missing it due to the small library. If you wait until a game you really want finally comes out and you can't play it because that's when your Wii U finally bites it, that's going to be your own fault and when you come back here crying about how you can't play Pikmin 3 TC, I will have no sympathy for you.

I, for one, will have sympathy for you, but only so long as you don't go saying that it's Nintendo's fault for not fixing it when you didn't tell them you had a problem.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."