Nintendo handhelds have been better than their consoles over the last 10

#1Yuri_LowelIPosted 3/31/2013 3:26:05 PM(edited)
GBA/DS/3DS Vs Gamecube/Wii/WiiU

In terms of the very best games I'll say they were on consoles. but consistency and 3rd party support handhelds win easily.
---
#2Xcalibur02Posted 3/31/2013 3:31:13 PM
I agree, TC.

However, that doesn't mean that I want Nintendo to stop making consoles and stick to handhelds like others keep suggesting.

Just because they're a little less flexible in some areas doesn't mean they should limit themselves, IMO.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#3Yuri_LowelI(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 3:42:45 PM
I agree, TC.

However, that doesn't mean that I want Nintendo to stop making consoles and stick to handhelds like others keep suggesting.

Just because they're a little less flexible in some areas doesn't mean they should limit themselves, IMO.

I do want them to stick to handhelds. I honestly want them to go 3rd party for consoles.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ooexO.gif
#4Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/31/2013 4:24:23 PM(edited)
Yuri_LowelI posted...
GBA/DS/3DS Vs Gamecube/Wii/WiiU

In terms of the very best games I'll say they were on consoles. but consistency and 3rd party support handhelds win easily.
---

It's becoming clear that handhelds are slowly overtaking the console market entirely. The DS had 150 million sales, far more than the Wii. It's curious that people are quick to dismiss the Wii's 90 million sales over the Xbox 360/Ps3, yet have no excuse for the portable juggernaut that exceeded them all.

I know some are going to use a weak excuse by stating they're in a whole other category, but that won't work now. If people are going to bring up PC vs. console arguments over the PS4, then you damn well better include handheld gaming in the fold. Besides, the DS/3DS/PSP/Vita are where the console RPGs went after the PS2 era. I'd say that cements their place alongside consoles.
#5MelkacPosted 3/31/2013 4:30:00 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
I agree, TC.

I do want them to stick to handhelds. I honestly want them to go 3rd party for consoles.

lol why would they do that? If they stick to handhelds they would makes ONLY for it, meaning more 1st party games.

It's quite funny how so many people want Nintendo's games to go third party while no one asks for Sony's exclusives...
inb4 "Nintendo games suck!! But could you please release Fire Emblem on the PS3, Nintendo...?"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#6NintendoXGamesPosted 3/31/2013 4:30:52 PM
Nintendo will always have the best Handhelds and Consoles.
#7SoaringDivePosted 3/31/2013 5:10:26 PM
The last 10 what?
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/31/2013 5:13:59 PM
SoaringDive posted...
The last 10 what?

Years
#9RainIsMyDrugPosted 3/31/2013 5:15:32 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
I agree, TC.

Imagine the day Nintendo decide to just become a 3rd party....