How have your gaming tastes changed over the years?

#1FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/31/2013 9:14:35 PM
For me personally i find myself spending most of my time playing my handhelds versus my consoles.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#2elbarto1Posted 3/31/2013 9:36:19 PM
Not much. The only change is that being older I've become financially able to buy all the consoles/handhelds unlike when I was a kid and would have only what my parents would get me for Xmas. Lol.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#3MalkyeaImbakPosted 3/31/2013 9:43:18 PM
when I was younger I loved rpgs
now not so much (though i like the tales of series)
#4ADHDguitarPosted 3/31/2013 9:44:41 PM
I've actually grown to appreciate more kinds of games.

I like everything now.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5FatalyzePosted 3/31/2013 9:46:24 PM
Barely, if at all. I still play all the same types of games. I grew up loving Nintendo games and RPGs, and today, I still play those the most.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#6MasterAshKetchemPosted 3/31/2013 10:16:57 PM
I've got a much broader range of games that I enjoy compared to when I was younger (namely puzzle and investigation games, I used to hate those).

I don't care for FPS games anymore however. Some single player FPS gems still come around (Bioshock Infinite is great), but I've stayed clear of any that focus on online multiplayer (except TF2) after trying Call of Duty 4 at friend's apartment years back. Left 4 Dead 1/2 are the rare exceptions.
#7MathewMansonPosted 3/31/2013 10:20:29 PM
I hated RPGs growing up, now I love them. I grew up loving fighting games, now I don't particularly care for them. I used to love handheld systems, now I hate them. I used to care for mature titles when I was a kid, now I play whatever provides intelligent gaming requirements.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#8sentoworfPosted 3/31/2013 10:33:07 PM
I used to dismiss older games due to their graphics. Now I find myself enjoying games from the NES, SNES, and Genesis.

Also RPGs. I never really liked them besides Pokemon but I've found some really enjoyable ones recently.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 3/31/2013 10:51:31 PM(edited)
I used to ignorantly hate FPSs, now I realize it's a genre that has its Good (Deus Ex, System Shock, Metroid Prime) and Bad (Call of Duty, Battlefield) games.

I generally became more accepting of all sorts of Genres, but my standards for all genres raised.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also used to think that the Game Overthinker had legitimate opinions, looking back at nearly all of his videos, it's painful how bad they all are.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#10DyersEve_9Posted 3/31/2013 10:49:12 PM
I grew up loving and playing nothing but Nintendo systems. Now Nintendo is just a letdown so I game on PC.