I owe the users of this board an apology: A love letter to the wii u (blogfaqs)

#1xxthewitnessxPosted 4/1/2013 8:28:08 AM
So I've been a pretty a vocal troll about Nintendo's most recent console, making fun of damn near anything I could find, the questionable hardware power for a next gen, the lack of third party support, and most of all the seemingly blind defenders on this very forum. Nothing was likely to convince me of the Wii U's value, or so I thought.

Yesterday, I decided to take a break from Bioshock Infinite and thought I'd try to finish Far Cry 3, a beautiful and highly polished game to say the least, but I get to a part of the game that completely disturbed me. For the sake of not giving away possible spoilers, I'll just say it involves fighting your way out a creepy guy's rape dungeon and leave it at that. I'm all for a mature story line in a game, but this just disturbed me.

Anyway, so later last night I go over to my friend's house and he has a wii u, the four of us play a board game, have some drinks etc, and we all decide to play a video game. His xbox doesn't have jack for four players and his only ps3 offerings are little big planet and modnation racers, so we decide to give the wii u a try. We do some ghost busting in nintendo land, play the rayman legends demo, and finish off with some new super mario brothers U. I just have to say that this was just the remedy for that disturbing ass shooter I was playing; and then it dawned on me, I've only been focusing on the negatives of the wii u when I haven't seen the good.

As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style, and for that we have nintendo. I'm sorry for all the trolling I did to this board, some of it was out of blind fanboyism, some of it was a response to users trolling the ps4 board like Kammy, and Matthew Manson, but I've seen the light, and hopefully by E3 I'll be a proud member of Nintendo Nation!

For those willing to forgive me for my ignorance, I would love some advice on good games and accessories to get for my future Wii U. My go to console for just kicking back, and having fun!
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#2OlimarxPosted 4/1/2013 8:32:45 AM
If Wii u could play music, it'd be the ultimate system for the 'shin-dig' scenario. It's still really fun though. Local multiplayer is why I bought one.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#3ZvolTxPosted 4/1/2013 8:36:29 AM
I'd have your friend get the MH3U Demo, and try that out. You gotta go more than once though, it's a hard game to get into but once you do, it provides literally upwards of a thousand hours of playtime.
---
President of the Zelda Wii U Board
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#4shaunmePosted 4/1/2013 8:37:20 AM
xxthewitnessx posted...
So I've been a pretty a vocal troll about Nintendo's most recent console, making fun of damn near anything I could find, the questionable hardware power for a next gen, the lack of third party support, and most of all the seemingly blind defenders on this very forum. Nothing was likely to convince me of the Wii U's value, or so I thought.

Yesterday, I decided to take a break from Bioshock Infinite and thought I'd try to finish Far Cry 3, a beautiful and highly polished game to say the least, but I get to a part of the game that completely disturbed me. For the sake of not giving away possible spoilers, I'll just say it involves fighting your way out a creepy guy's rape dungeon and leave it at that. I'm all for a mature story line in a game, but this just disturbed me.

Anyway, so later last night I go over to my friend's house and he has a wii u, the four of us play a board game, have some drinks etc, and we all decide to play a video game. His xbox doesn't have jack for four players and his only ps3 offerings are little big planet and modnation racers, so we decide to give the wii u a try. We do some ghost busting in nintendo land, play the rayman legends demo, and finish off with some new super mario brothers U. I just have to say that this was just the remedy for that disturbing ass shooter I was playing; and then it dawned on me, I've only been focusing on the negatives of the wii u when I haven't seen the good.

As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style, and for that we have nintendo. I'm sorry for all the trolling I did to this board, some of it was out of blind fanboyism, some of it was a response to users trolling the ps4 board like Kammy, and Matthew Manson, but I've seen the light, and hopefully by E3 I'll be a proud member of Nintendo Nation!

For those willing to forgive me for my ignorance, I would love some advice on good games and accessories to get for my future Wii U. My go to console for just kicking back, and having fun!

MAN UP
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#5ZvolTxPosted 4/1/2013 8:40:14 AM
Wait, today is April Fools Day...
---
President of the Zelda Wii U Board
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#6TrueBlue91Posted 4/1/2013 8:42:36 AM
You guys are so gullible it's ridiculous.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#7xxthewitnessx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 8:50:55 AM
Well, I guess I deserve that, I cant blame you for your skepticism. Thanks for the advice anyhow, my buddy's never played monster hunter but I'll ask him to download it. He also has ZombiU, I'll get to try that on friday before we see the Evil Dead reboot!
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#8IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/1/2013 8:55:38 AM
I hope you're serious, if so, welcome to Wii U nation. **LOL** I've had mine since launch, and I love it. I'd recommend getting Need For Speed Most Wanted U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (from the demo I played, it's awesome) and if you can find it for 30 bucks, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is an awesome little hack n' slash.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#9kingbadjoPosted 4/1/2013 9:01:27 AM
Ah yes... the trial for you is over I see.... fanboyism in a right of passage here on the internet. It is something we all must go through in order to see the light. We've all been there and then saw the light. Welcome my son.... to the internet.

NOW GO SPREAD YOUR NEW WISDOM!!!
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#10kingbadjoPosted 4/1/2013 9:03:08 AM
Well if it's a joke.... why would he say something so logical and not mean it? That's pretty scary.... serial killer scary...
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.