Does anyone wish it was still Nintendo and Sega?

#1jtr219Posted 4/1/2013 4:12:15 PM
Sure, Sega made some dumb mistakes (which company hasn't?), but I feel like they had a more inspired approach to console and game design than we've seen from Sony and Microsoft. When I remember the Genesis and the Dreamcast, they had fantastic titles and some innovative ideas for their time. Even today, when Sega is nowhere near their prime, I can't help but have a strong appreciation for what they accomplished. Games like JSR, Shenmue, Sonic, and so many others were wonderful, creative and charming. Those games just had a lot of soul.

I don't feel that way about either of Nintendo's competitors today. I wonder if it was still those two as the main console competitors whether we might not have a more vibrant game industry today.
---
NNID: jtr219
#2Great_Pudding_3Posted 4/1/2013 4:14:45 PM
Considering Sega and Nintendo still exist...no. It would be a lot smaller.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#3Warmonger222Posted 4/1/2013 4:15:00 PM
I agree. People act like having 2 competitors instead of 3 is just the most horrible thing imaginable and that if there were only 2 it would remove all competition from the market, but those two really worked a lot harder when it was just them, and I would've loved to see what sega would've done were they still making consoles today.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#4MotiJrPosted 4/1/2013 4:19:48 PM
Yes. Sony has ruined gaming and made it nothing more than a chase for pretty games. I'd even settle for Microsoft and Nintendo.
#5MelkacPosted 4/1/2013 4:21:07 PM
I'm tired of the Sony fanboys AND the Microsoft fanboys...

Wish it was just SEGA and Nintendo again. Hey, at least we would have two actually good companies instead of shooter heaven, graphics whore and Innovashun Man :l
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#6LinkSSJ6Posted 4/1/2013 4:21:34 PM
Yeah.
I kinda miss Sega.

Because Sega does what Nintendon't, and Sony does what Nintendid.
---
Got a Wii? A Wii U? Injustice isn't enough to fill your April? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/620591-pandoras-tower
#7NejiHyuga900Posted 4/1/2013 5:29:23 PM(edited)
Yes. I miss Sega, even though I prefer Nintendo more (one thing I loved about Sega is Sonic the Hedgehog). I wish that they were still competing in consoles. They died out only because of Sony and then Microsoft replaced Sega.

The only Sega console I have is the Sega Genesis (3rd model), and I still have it. I could get a Dreamcast from Amazon if I wanted to but Sega has ported some of their best DC games on PSN, XBLA, and Steam. During the beginning of the 6th generation of video games, I should of got a Dreamcast instead of a PS2 but, oh well.

But if Sega were still making consoles, we wouldn't be seeing any Sonic games on any other system. No SA1 or SA2 on GameCube, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog would of been on the Dreamcast. And Sonic the Hedghog (2006) and newer Sonic games would of been on the successor of the Dreamcast. And there wouldn't be any Mario & Sonic Olympic games and Sonic probably wouldn't have appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So, there are pros and cons of staying in the hardware part of gaming and staying out of the hardware and going with software.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#8Dragongod165Posted 4/1/2013 5:26:43 PM
LinkSSJ6 posted...
Yeah.
I kinda miss Sega.

Because Sega does what Nintendon't, and Sony does what Nintendid.

This guy gets it.
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#9wingo84Posted 4/1/2013 5:31:44 PM
I wish sega would launch the dreamcast 2 already :/
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#10davidsmith91Posted 4/1/2013 5:32:01 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Yes. I miss Sega, even though I prefer Nintendo more (one thing I loved about Sega is Sonic the Hedgehog). I wish that they were still competing in consoles. They died out only because of Sony and then Microsoft replaced Sega.

The only Sega console I have is the Sega Genesis (3rd model), and I still have it. I could get a Dreamcast from Amazon if I wanted to but Sega has ported some of their best DC games on PSN, XBLA, and Steam. During the beginning of the 6th generation of video games, I should of got a Dreamcast instead of a PS2 but, oh well.

But if Sega were still making consoles, we wouldn't be seeing any Sonic games on any other system. No SA1 or SA2 on GameCube, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog would of been on the Dreamcast. And Sonic the Hedghog (2006) and newer Sonic games would of been on the successor of the Dreamcast. And there wouldn't be any Mario & Sonic Olympic games and Sonic probably wouldn't have appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So, there are pros and cons of staying in the hardware part of gaming and staying out of the hardware and going with software.

"Would have", not "would of".