A lot of casuals still have absolutely zero idea Nintendo released a new console

#11Truewolf2008Posted 4/2/2013 10:05:21 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...
Is it too late for the Wii U?

No.
#12mokmuudPosted 4/2/2013 10:11:45 AM
Monkey_Fu posted...
You don't need to do any research or a poll.. The numbers speak for itself.. The wii u is doing fine kicking its own ass despite there bing no competition.

no competition?
maybe thats why they arent pushing ads and talking much about major 1st party titles.
nintendo is in the best position right now and they know it.
maybe they are waiting to steal the other new consoles thunder.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#13MalifacentXPosted 4/2/2013 10:15:57 AM
I actually thought all of these posts were a bit on the Troll-y side until a good friend of mine had a conversation with me about the Wii U, and he was blown away that it could play Mass Effect 3.

Obviously, I read about video games constantly, so there were no Wii U surprises for me, but was Nintendo's general marketing that bad?
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#14JackalPosted 4/2/2013 10:17:55 AM
But Nintendo has a whole check list differences!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#15stop3Posted 4/2/2013 10:22:38 AM
I've met a lot of people who don't know the Wii U exists.

But when they find out it exists, the most common reaction I hear is "Well, then I guess I better get one!"
#16emagdnEPosted 4/2/2013 10:23:00 AM
this "problem" is greatly overblown

"casuals" know, they just don't ****ing care, they've stored their Wiis away in their closets to never be used again and have moved on to iOS gaming
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#17BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 4:51:58 PM
emagdnE posted...
they've stored their Wiis away in their closets to never be used again

I don't necessarily agree with that. I know a lot of casuals who may only have two or three games for the Wii, but still play it occasionally.
---
Concerned Father: Why do you keep smiling at my son when he walks away?
Ecuadorian Pedophile: I enjoy your sonsreir.
#18rudgerlightPosted 4/3/2013 5:15:01 PM(edited)
I think you actually answered your own question.

If they haven't heard of the Wii U, then it can't be too late. The negative perception people have of it is limited to those paying closer attention to the video game industry, not so called "casuals". They can relaunch the system once new games arrive and try to get more people excited about it at a later date.

Look at the 360 as a great example. When it launched, it did absolutely nothing to excite the casual audience. Eventually it got some better games, a Kinect add-on, far more regular releases, and eventually casuals ate it up (in the west). I think people forget that took years to happen.

EDIT: to clarify, the RROD was a PR nightmare and caused a lot of hardcore gamers to avoid the system. It's doubtful the average 360 owner even knows about this issue - heck even some people on Gamefaqs seem unaware how severe the problem was.
#19GdboyratedloudPosted 4/3/2013 5:23:22 PM
you know it works both ways right?

Who in the hell want to pay 400-600 for a gaming console in this economy?
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#20zalmutePosted 4/3/2013 5:35:34 PM
If its all due to the name then it just shows how much dumber people have gotten since 1990. Snes was not as mistaken as WiiU.
---
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb ddr5 right?
PC + WiiU.