A lot of casuals still have absolutely zero idea Nintendo released a new console

#21arvilinoPosted 4/3/2013 5:35:56 PM
Why massively advertise the console when advertising the separate games is going to advertise the console in tandem(hence how MH3:U and Lego City fall alongside increased console sales)?
#22PulpPosted 4/3/2013 8:57:20 PM
I pay attention somewhat to videogames -- and while I am not a big Nintendo fan, I had no idea Wii U launched until months after the fact. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from that, but this is the first console that I've pretty much not been aware of since the 3d0...

And if it flew under my radar, then I doubt casuals know it exists.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#23darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/3/2013 9:02:33 PM
Instead of asking rhetorical questions, it'd be better to discuss ways Nintendo can make casuals aware of the new system and ways to entice them.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#24Faceman_Posted 4/3/2013 10:41:48 PM
Named after a generic fps.

Smell ya later, TC.
#25BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 5:45:16 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Named after a generic fps.

Smell ya later, TC.

I made it "Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:48 PM"
---
Concerned Father: Why do you keep smiling at my son when he walks away?
Ecuadorian Pedophile: I enjoy your sonsreir.
#26IloveElitePosted 4/4/2013 5:51:43 AM
STN79 posted...
Then maybe people should get a clue. There's this amazing new thing you might have heard of. It's called the internet and it's completely revolutionized the way we live and access vital information. Seriously though if you don't know what the Wii U is you obviously don't care to know and have no interest in gaming.

Don't assume everyone has net access.

I personally know 3 gamers who don't have net access at home, 2 of them use a PS3 and the other has an Xbox 360. None of them have a home PC so don't have broadband. don't assume everyone does.
#27fuzi11Posted 4/4/2013 6:20:07 AM
you think rebranding might help?

I still see people being confused by the DS and 3DS
#28Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/4/2013 6:41:40 AM
They are not gonna market the Wii U until this fall/x-mas

They did the same with 3ds. The campaign didnīt really start until Super Mario 3D Land was out.

The Wii sold it self to fat people, women and non-gamers. So that does not count.

#29BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:50:02 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...

They did the same with 3ds. The campaign didnīt really start until Super Mario 3D Land was out.

The Wii sold it self to fat people, women and non-gamers. So that does not count.

This would be a bad idea. They need to get people to buy this BEFORE the ps4 and nextbox get hypetrains going
---
Concerned Father: Why do you keep smiling at my son when he walks away?
Ecuadorian Pedophile: I enjoy your sonsreir.
#30darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/4/2013 3:14:09 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...

This would be a bad idea. They need to get people to buy this BEFORE the ps4 and nextbox get hypetrains going

You're discussing the casual market though. That's not really an issue.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!