A lot of casuals still have absolutely zero idea Nintendo released a new console

#31_Sovereign_Posted 4/4/2013 3:36:40 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
STN79 posted...
Seriously though if you don't know what the Wii U is you obviously don't care to know and have no interest in gaming.

Aka the original Wii's target audience

Well, ya....Nintendo did fine without that audience before, and will be fine now. I don't understand why this is an issue. Hell, when I was growing up my parents couldn't understand why the Super Mario 64 cart wouldn't work in my SNES....people who have no interest in GENERAL gaming will not take the time to do the research, even if they see it on every commercial break.

I have a buddy who is into the PS3 massively ( like, live breath and eat) and yet he knows nothing about Wii U, Wii, X360, or the handhelds.

I don't understand why this topic keeps getting made as the best answer is the most obvious, as stated by the bold phrase.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#32mini_blightPosted 4/4/2013 4:17:35 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
STN79 posted...
Seriously though if you don't know what the Wii U is you obviously don't care to know and have no interest in gaming.

Aka the original Playstation and Wii's target audience

Fixed.

People who play games for the cutscenes and story are casuals, too.

The_Boredoms posted...
What real world evidence of this have you seen? I've not talked to a single person who thought it was an add-on. I only hear people say that on these boards and the odd doomy article.

Exactly.
#33TheBonfiniPosted 4/4/2013 4:20:08 PM
Too late for what, exactly? No one ever applies anything objective with their doom topics.

NINTENDO IS NOT GOING TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS OVER ONE POORLY RECEIVED CONSOLE.

Look at the 3ds. It is the best selling gaming device ever. (pace, not total sales)
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#34triple sPosted 4/4/2013 4:24:38 PM
STN79 posted...
Then maybe people should get a clue. There's this amazing new thing you might have heard of. It's called the internet and it's completely revolutionized the way we live and access vital information. Seriously though if you don't know what the Wii U is you obviously don't care to know and have no interest in gaming.

Or maybe Nintendo shouldn't do such a horrible job at advertising it. I've barely seen any commercials on the Wii U since after it has launched. NO ONE talks about it. I literally haven't had one person bring it up to me and people I've brought it up to didn't even know there was a new system.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#35triple sPosted 4/4/2013 4:29:23 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Named after a generic fps.

Smell ya later, TC.

Name a FPS like it? It felt more unique than just about any game I've played in the last few years. You mad you can't play it?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#36ElGadoPosted 4/4/2013 4:45:08 PM
mokmuud posted...
Monkey_Fu posted...
You don't need to do any research or a poll.. The numbers speak for itself.. The wii u is doing fine kicking its own ass despite there bing no competition.

no competition?
maybe thats why they arent pushing ads and talking much about major 1st party titles.
nintendo is in the best position right now and they know it.
maybe they are waiting to steal the other new consoles thunder.

lmao. the best position? you guys are so delusional, it's literally unbelievable. if you believe that, you also believe in the tooth fairy and santa claus
#37BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:33:33 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Too late for what, exactly? No one ever applies anything objective with their doom topics.

Too late to prevent a ps vita/ dreamcast situation
---
Concerned Father: Why do you keep smiling at my son when he walks away?
Ecuadorian Pedophile: I enjoy your sonsreir.