Rumour: Thief 4 to skip wii u, Next Gen only

#11shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:11:23 AM
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
And it makes you happy, that a game isn't coming out for the system that you own?

im just reporting some news man,for fellow Wii U owners, also if it ends up on pc il get it there xx

Too bad you were already beaten to this news by someone else.

not worried, im not in competition, so does this mean the thief devs classes the Wii U as last gen?

They didn't list a Wii U version at all. Either it's included in the 'other Next gen systems' part, or they're not making a Wii U version to being with. My money's on the latter.

if they are making it for Wii U there is no reason not mention it by name
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#12BuretsuPosted 4/2/2013 2:13:29 AM
shaunme posted...

Hence why smart money is it not being made for the Wii U at all.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#13shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:15:43 AM
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...

so that means it isn't being classed as next gen.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#14BuretsuPosted 4/2/2013 2:17:28 AM
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...

No, it means that it's not being included in the list of platforms that the game will be on. Do you really expect the trailer to say "Available on PC, PS4, and other Next-Gen Consoles. But not the Wii U because that's last gen lolz"?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#15shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:22:18 AM
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
shaunme posted...

No, it means that it's not being included in the list of platforms that the game will be on. Do you really expect the trailer to say "Available on PC, PS4, and other Next-Gen Consoles. But not the Wii U because that's last gen lolz"?

yes.
---
#16BuretsuPosted 4/2/2013 2:23:43 AM
shaunme posted...
Buretsu posted...
Do you really expect the trailer to say "Available on PC, PS4, and other Next-Gen Consoles. But not the Wii U because that's last gen lolz"?

yes.

And isn't that just sad.
---
#17AstralFrostPosted 4/2/2013 2:42:19 AM
Its really a worry that major developers consider the Wii U as a last gen console. With so much bad news these days its not looking good for the Wii U at all.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#18PulpPosted 4/2/2013 2:48:21 AM
This is just depressing now. Reminds me of the Dreamcast days.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#19G1243Posted 4/2/2013 3:09:48 AM
Article quote:
Although announced years ago for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 the reboot of Thief: The Dark Project has taken so long that it is now officially only being released for the PlayStation 4 and ‘other next generation consoles’.

This is almost certainly a reference to the next generation Xbox, but it also implies that the game will not be released for the Wii U – since there’s no reason not to announce that at this stage. As such the only other version is for the PC.

Too bad so sad for Wii U. Developers are leaving that system in the dust.

This is not the end -- it's only the beginning. More and more games are going to cast the Wii U aside and focus on the PS4 and Xbox 720.

You want a system with the best library of games -- the most bang for your buck? It won't be on the Wii U, that's for sure. Nintendo is gonna have to make up so much ground in 1st party titles to make their console even considered worthy in the eyes of the general consumer (e.g. non-Nintendo fanboy)
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#20shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:11:58 AM
G1243 posted...
Article quote:
Although announced years ago for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 the reboot of Thief: The Dark Project has taken so long that it is now officially only being released for the PlayStation 4 and ‘other next generation consoles’.

This is almost certainly a reference to the next generation Xbox, but it also implies that the game will not be released for the Wii U – since there’s no reason not to announce that at this stage. As such the only other version is for the PC.

Too bad so sad for Wii U. Developers are leaving that system in the dust.

This is not the end -- it's only the beginning. More and more games are going to cast the Wii U aside and focus on the PS4 and Xbox 720.

You want a system with the best library of games -- the most bang for your buck? It won't be on the Wii U, that's for sure. Nintendo is gonna have to make up so much ground in 1st party titles to make their console even considered worthy in the eyes of the general consumer (e.g. non-Nintendo fanboy)

half the people here can't afford the $350 for a Wii U, no wonder they hate the other 2 when they cost more.
---