why do all super mario games have the same "story"

#1NoelJVPosted 4/2/2013 4:07:31 AM
Is it because people don't care that mario has rescued peach more times than I can remember and that Nintendo doesn't care to try something different?.
#2rockyminPosted 4/2/2013 4:09:15 AM
To be fair, all the Zeldas have pretty much the same story too.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#3McmadnessV3Posted 4/2/2013 4:09:47 AM
Because Mario is all about the gameplay and thats where the series main inovation lies.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#4AstralFrostPosted 4/2/2013 4:11:07 AM
Because Nintendo had a success years ago and repeated it over and over and over. This is why they're so innovative and well loved by the gaming community.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5NoelJV(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:11:13 AM
yeah why mess with a formula that's not broken right? but isn't it good to try new things every once in awhile?
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 4/2/2013 4:11:46 AM
Nintendo doesn't care enough to make an original story for Mario. Then again they tried with Sunshine and well..... nuff said.
#7Xfma100Posted 4/2/2013 4:11:52 AM
rockymin posted...
To be fair, all the Zeldas have pretty much the same story too.

Except for games like Minish Cap and Majora's Mask...

Pokemon is another series that has basically the same story in every main series game.
#8VanderZooPosted 4/2/2013 4:14:28 AM
Because they're lazy. Would it really kill them to change up the story a bit? Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a joke in this regard. The exact same story as SMG1, I couldn't believe it. I was like wow, they didn't even bother to try and do something different. Same story, same setting.

I like a good story in my games, I don't expect Mario to have an amazing story or anything, but at least create a story that gives the player some motivation.
#9FuNsH1nEPosted 4/2/2013 4:14:49 AM
Because Nintendo has always been mainly focused on gameplay. Believe it or not...video games are actually not movies/novels. It is nice to see a company that remembers that.
#10IlluminoiusPosted 4/2/2013 4:15:02 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Then again they tried with Sunshine and well..... nuff said.

yeah that one game where peach got kidnapped was totally different than every other plot