Threads about 3rd party games skipping the Wii U: WE DON'T CARE!!!

#121DarthVashtiPosted 4/2/2013 4:01:41 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Oh no! A third party game is skipping Nintendo. Oh no! EA isn't getting along with Nintendo. OH NO!!!

But it just doesn't matter. If the Wii U is anything like the Wii, then the best selling games will be Nintendo exclusives. That's why people buy Nintendo systems, for great Nintendo titles. In other words, it doesn't matter if insignificant third party games ignore the Wii U.

Take a look at the Wii's best selling games. The top ten are ALL NINTENDO GAMES.

1. Wii Sports 81.64 million
2. Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million
3. Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million
4. Wii Play 28.02 million
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million
6. Wii Fit 22.67 million
7. Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million
10. Wii Party 7.94 million
ALL NINTENDO

11-20: 7 of the next top 10 games are Nintendo games.

11. Mario Party 8 7.6 million
----------12. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 7.09 million
13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 6.36 million
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 5.82 million
----------15. Just Dance (2) 5 million
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns 4.98 million
17. Link's Crossbow Training 4.80 million
----------18.Just Dance 4.3 million
19. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.52 million[5] N/A
20. Animal Crossing: City Folk 3.38 million

The top 10 Wii games were all Nintendo games. 7 of the next top 10 games were Nintendo games. 1 of those (Sonic and Mario at the Olympics) was made by a third party developer as an exclusive. And the other 2 (Just Dance) were third party.

Of course you don't care. That's because any game that skips the Wii U sucks, right?
#122HansukeiPosted 4/2/2013 4:08:56 PM
This is exactly why I will never buy a Nintendo product again. :P
#123Misono66Posted 4/2/2013 5:34:24 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Oh no! A third party game is skipping Nintendo. Oh no! EA isn't getting along with Nintendo. OH NO!!!

But it just doesn't matter. If the Wii U is anything like the Wii, then the best selling games will be Nintendo exclusives. That's why people buy Nintendo systems, for great Nintendo titles. In other words, it doesn't matter if insignificant third party games ignore the Wii U.

Take a look at the Wii's best selling games. The top ten are ALL NINTENDO GAMES.

1. Wii Sports 81.64 million
2. Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million
3. Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million
4. Wii Play 28.02 million
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million
6. Wii Fit 22.67 million
7. Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million
10. Wii Party 7.94 million
ALL NINTENDO

11-20: 7 of the next top 10 games are Nintendo games.

11. Mario Party 8 7.6 million
----------12. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 7.09 million
13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 6.36 million
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 5.82 million
----------15. Just Dance (2) 5 million
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns 4.98 million
17. Link's Crossbow Training 4.80 million
----------18.Just Dance 4.3 million
19. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.52 million[5] N/A
20. Animal Crossing: City Folk 3.38 million

The top 10 Wii games were all Nintendo games. 7 of the next top 10 games were Nintendo games. 1 of those (Sonic and Mario at the Olympics) was made by a third party developer as an exclusive. And the other 2 (Just Dance) were third party.

Look buddy I love Nintendo too but this post reeks of fanboy reassurance, It should be obvious that third party is going to be VERY important next gen arguably the most important its ever been YOU SHOULD CARE my friend!! let me bring you back down to reality, Nintendo will most certainly not have the same success with the Wii-U as they did with the Wii.
1.The Wii-U is too expensive for the under-powered tech it packs FACT
2. Apart from AC4 The Wii-U isn't getting any of the big third party releases this year FACT,
3. Just about every third party developer seems uninterested in the Wii-U soo far FACT, granted this didn't affect the Wii until the end of its life cycle but Nintendo doesn't have the luxury this time round for this to happen.
4. with these in mind Nintendo IS going to be facing a really tough year FACT.

Will Nintendo go under? of course not and it would be a sad day in gaming if they did but Nintendo need to get of their butts and do something about it.
#124tropirenoPosted 4/2/2013 5:36:14 PM
Ironically, this happens to be a thread about 3rd party games skipping the Wii U.
---
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
#125DarkAdonis123Posted 4/2/2013 5:48:38 PM
I care. I bought a Wii U because Nintendo promised third party support this time around. So speak for yourself. I'm tired of having Nintendo consoles that just collect dust between first party releases.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#126DarkAdonis123Posted 4/2/2013 5:50:28 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Donomega posted...
I do care, I wish the Wii U would get Thief 4 and GTA V and all the other games passing it up cause Reggie is taking a nap instead of securing games for the Wii U

Is that Grand Theft Auto? Really, grow the f up. You get your giggles playing a game killing hookers, stealing cars, and with no particular purpose at all?

And people call Mario childish? Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is just degenerate.

I always find it extremely ironic when someone on a video game message board of all places tells someone else to grow up.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#127CrimzonHeadPosted 4/2/2013 6:30:10 PM
this topic sucks
---
http://tmblr.co/ZjrG3tfD8VtL <-- Read this, and stop whining.
Don't be scared homie
#128OrgeLambartPosted 4/2/2013 8:48:47 PM
The Wii U will be done in about 3 years, and Nintendo will release a new system in 4 years. Or will go the route of a game publisher.

No way can this system compete with the PS4, Durango, steam box or even that IPhone console coming out this year. I'm sorry but Nintendo bit the dog this gen, unless they do some major across the board price cuts they are done.

All the major system selling games aren't coming out for Wii U, outside of a few games nobody wants a Nintendo.
#129king_maddenPosted 4/2/2013 9:29:12 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Donomega posted...
I do care, I wish the Wii U would get Thief 4 and GTA V and all the other games passing it up cause Reggie is taking a nap instead of securing games for the Wii U

Is that Grand Theft Auto? Really, grow the f up. You get your giggles playing a game killing hookers, stealing cars, and with no particular purpose at all?

And people call Mario childish? Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is just degenerate.

I always find it extremely ironic when someone on a video game message board of all places tells someone else to grow up.

are you saying you're a child?
#130Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2013 9:31:28 PM
Wii Sports came with the console, the other games.. When there is nothing else to purchase due to lack of AAA ports, etc.. You purchase those games, without choice of course those games would do better.

Now if you go back and look at the consoles with a better selection of 3rd party games, you'll see it wasn't just Nintendo.. It is now, because there is nothing else to choose from at least for the Wii
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!