Threads about 3rd party games skipping the Wii U: WE DON'T CARE!!!

#41DemonDog666Posted 4/2/2013 9:59:42 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It's down to opinion. Otherwise you could say it goes OOT then GTA4 then whatever else if you're going purely by review scores. Or even Metal Gear Solid 4 if going by how many 100% reviews it got.

Figuring out what game out of 2 is objectively better usually isn't that hard especially if they are in the same genre, but doing the entire industry including games that have absolutely nothing in common is just way too much.
#42ZodrynPosted 4/2/2013 10:08:43 AM
I absolutely love Nintendo and their games, but I do care. If we don't get third party games, we miss a large bit of the "hardcore" crowd. That means the games we do get will sell less, which in turn means even less devs will want to release games for the U. Less games = less consoles. Period.

I want Nintendo first party exclusives, but I also want great third party games. To say you don't care about this does not demonstrate love for Nintendo, it demonstrates ignorance.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#43tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/2/2013 10:13:58 AM
Sharky8 posted...
trenken posted...
I care! I dont love buying Nintendo systems for $300 to only end up with maybe 10 good games on it thoughout its entire life. They need 3rd party support, I dont care what kind of numbers anyone throws around for some of the most awful casual games Ive ever played. That garbage is relevant to my grandmother, not to me as a gamer. I want great games, lots of them. Guess its not gonna happen on my U, but at least Ill get Wii Fit!!!! It will sell millions yayyyy!

=/

You have time to play more than about 10 games for a system? I have, on average, about 14 games per system (and I own all Nintendo systems).

Who needs more than about 10-15 games per system? Are you kidding me? You have that much time in your life to play video games? Those close to me already say I play a lot, and I play no more than about an hour a day. I can't imagine your life if you want more than 10-15 good games for a system.

On the Wii's top 20 list, I see most of the Wii games I own and play regularly:

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Wii Sports
DKC Returns
etc.

And most of the gamers in the world (who bought these games) would seem to agree with me. Again, I have no idea how much time you have in your life to be able to play more than about 10-15 good games for a system.

Yeah, for NES, N64, and Gamecube (skipped SNES) I had around 15 games for each. For Wii I had a whopping 8 games. I supplemented from the SNES era and on with PC games.

And even then my backlog is large.

So while I don't understand the ability of many people to have time for so many games, at the same time you can't just dismiss the concern about lacking 3rd party releases. It's a legitimate concern.
#44art_of_the_killPosted 4/2/2013 10:32:58 AM
abbyhitter posted...
I don't care about sports and 1st person shooter games. That's the majority of 3rd party games.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#45MalifacentXPosted 4/2/2013 10:34:04 AM
While I don't care if titles skip Wii-U, as I have the other consoles that will play them, I can't help but mention that only 4 of the Wii's top-selling titles held any interest to me whatsoever.

Nintendo must realize that they will not be able to rest on their casual laurels as they did with the massively selling Wii.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
#46shinra35800Posted 4/2/2013 10:45:07 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Oh no! A third party game is skipping Nintendo. Oh no! EA isn't getting along with Nintendo. OH NO!!!

But it just doesn't matter. If the Wii U is anything like the Wii, then the best selling games will be Nintendo exclusives. That's why people buy Nintendo systems, for great Nintendo titles. In other words, it doesn't matter if insignificant third party games ignore the Wii U.

Take a look at the Wii's best selling games. The top ten are ALL NINTENDO GAMES.

1. Wii Sports 81.64 million
2. Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million
3. Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million
4. Wii Play 28.02 million
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million
6. Wii Fit 22.67 million
7. Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million
10. Wii Party 7.94 million
ALL NINTENDO

11-20: 7 of the next top 10 games are Nintendo games.

11. Mario Party 8 7.6 million
----------12. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 7.09 million
13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 6.36 million
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 5.82 million
----------15. Just Dance (2) 5 million
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns 4.98 million
17. Link's Crossbow Training 4.80 million
----------18.Just Dance 4.3 million
19. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.52 million[5] N/A
20. Animal Crossing: City Folk 3.38 million

The top 10 Wii games were all Nintendo games. 7 of the next top 10 games were Nintendo games. 1 of those (Sonic and Mario at the Olympics) was made by a third party developer as an exclusive. And the other 2 (Just Dance) were third party.

You do realize that that's because 3rd parties skipped the original wii too right? xD
#47DemonDog666Posted 4/2/2013 10:49:36 AM
art_of_the_kill posted...
abbyhitter posted...
I don't care about sports and 1st person shooter games. That's the majority of 3rd party games.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Only for the ignorant, it's an annoying headache for the rest of us.
#48Baha05Posted 4/2/2013 10:52:07 AM
Honestly the entire idea of certain games skipping x console does not bother me if they are ports. There is a reason I go with multiple systems,I get the best of all worlds and when I buy or play a new system I don't care if it doesn't get ports from the last generation.

I think that when 8 Gen games start skipping in masses then we have a real problem. Both exclusive and multiplat games
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#49jorheadPosted 4/2/2013 10:56:58 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Oh no! A third party game is skipping Nintendo. Oh no! EA isn't getting along with Nintendo. OH NO!!!

But it just doesn't matter. If the Wii U is anything like the Wii, then the best selling games will be Nintendo exclusives. That's why people buy Nintendo systems, for great Nintendo titles. In other words, it doesn't matter if insignificant third party games ignore the Wii U.

Take a look at the Wii's best selling games. The top ten are ALL NINTENDO GAMES.

1. Wii Sports 81.64 million
2. Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million
3. Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million
4. Wii Play 28.02 million
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million
6. Wii Fit 22.67 million
7. Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million
10. Wii Party 7.94 million
ALL NINTENDO

11-20: 7 of the next top 10 games are Nintendo games.

11. Mario Party 8 7.6 million
----------12. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 7.09 million
13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 6.36 million
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 5.82 million
----------15. Just Dance (2) 5 million
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns 4.98 million
17. Link's Crossbow Training 4.80 million
----------18.Just Dance 4.3 million
19. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.52 million[5] N/A
20. Animal Crossing: City Folk 3.38 million

The top 10 Wii games were all Nintendo games. 7 of the next top 10 games were Nintendo games. 1 of those (Sonic and Mario at the Olympics) was made by a third party developer as an exclusive. And the other 2 (Just Dance) were third party.

I.m half awake, so maybe I,m reading your point wrong. If Nintendo has lousy 3rd party support, then would it not make sense that the only games that sell well are only Nintendo games? It's like saying someone is a great baseball player because no one better is allowed to play
---
XBL GT is Ruthless4u
#50Mattatron42Posted 4/2/2013 10:59:54 AM
I care, even though I could get most on my 360. I want multiplats to actually be multiplat.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron