Threads about 3rd party games skipping the Wii U: WE DON'T CARE!!!

#51Baha05Posted 4/2/2013 11:01:51 AM
Mattatron42 posted...
I care, even though I could get most on my 360. I want multiplats to actually be multiplat.

Thing is that multiplatform is basically restricted to same Console Generation. As soon as you take a game from sand earlier Generation it cease to be a Multiplatform title and becomes a port.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#52AngelWithaHatPosted 4/2/2013 11:25:07 AM
nintendosurance
#53fawfulmark2Posted 4/2/2013 11:27:48 AM
Considering how some of the most acclaimed series that have helped push our medium forward in the last gen skipped Nintendo's systems due to various reasons, I sure in the hell bloody care.
---
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
if you ever fight a spammy Pit or Marth, that might be my nephew.... just so you know.
#54bluedragon619Posted 4/2/2013 11:30:58 AM
Sorry TC but we need a gamers perspective not another nintendo fanboy desperately clinging to the theory that nintendo are still number 1 in the gaming world
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#55muffinmasherPosted 4/2/2013 11:37:33 AM
TC, people like you make this board suck just as much as the trolls.

3rd party support matters, whether you buy the games or not.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#56atomicxPosted 4/2/2013 11:59:39 AM
As far as first party games, Nintendo's competition consisted of mostly shovelware, so of course Nintendo's first party titles are going to be the best sellers. Look at the 3rd party top sellers on other systems. Were those games even made for the Wii? I'm not sure of 360 and PS3's top 3rd party games, but I'm willing to bet at least 95% were not even made for the Wii. So who is to say that Nintendo's first party titles would still be the top sellers if those 3rd party games would have been released on the Wii?
#57icarus231Posted 4/2/2013 12:05:10 PM
atomicx posted...
As far as first party games, Nintendo's competition consisted of mostly shovelware, so of course Nintendo's first party titles are going to be the best sellers. Look at the 3rd party top sellers on other systems. Were those games even made for the Wii? I'm not sure of 360 and PS3's top 3rd party games, but I'm willing to bet at least 95% were not even made for the Wii. So who is to say that Nintendo's first party titles would still be the top sellers if those 3rd party games would have been released on the Wii?

Logic does. If your top selling game on the ps3 is 9.19 million then we can figure that if the exact same amount of people on a nintendo system would by it it still wouldnt sell as well as first party titles. Sonys top 6 selling games added together sold less then the wii's 2nd highest.
#58Mattatron42Posted 4/2/2013 12:05:42 PM
Baha05 posted...
Mattatron42 posted...
I care, even though I could get most on my 360. I want multiplats to actually be multiplat.

Thing is that multiplatform is basically restricted to same Console Generation. As soon as you take a game from sand earlier Generation it cease to be a Multiplatform title and becomes a port.

I think you're probably referring to games like gta5 that have been in development before the wii u devkits were out and with full capabilities, and I agree there is little need to port those. I think if a game starts development now and goes to 7th gen (ps3/360) and 8th gen (wiiu/ps4) it should still be multiplat. And I know someone (shaunme) will say they are all pc ports. My understanding is if a game is developed for multiple platforms concurrently then it is multiplat.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#59kyomagiPosted 4/2/2013 12:07:07 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Oh no! A third party game is skipping Nintendo. Oh no! EA isn't getting along with Nintendo. OH NO!!!

But it just doesn't matter. If the Wii U is anything like the Wii, then the best selling games will be Nintendo exclusives. That's why people buy Nintendo systems, for great Nintendo titles. In other words, it doesn't matter if insignificant third party games ignore the Wii U.

Take a look at the Wii's best selling games. The top ten are ALL NINTENDO GAMES.

1. Wii Sports 81.64 million
2. Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million
3. Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million
4. Wii Play 28.02 million
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million
6. Wii Fit 22.67 million
7. Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million
10. Wii Party 7.94 million
ALL NINTENDO

11-20: 7 of the next top 10 games are Nintendo games.

11. Mario Party 8 7.6 million
----------12. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 7.09 million
13. Super Mario Galaxy 2 6.36 million
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 5.82 million
----------15. Just Dance (2) 5 million
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns 4.98 million
17. Link's Crossbow Training 4.80 million
----------18.Just Dance 4.3 million
19. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.52 million[5] N/A
20. Animal Crossing: City Folk 3.38 million

The top 10 Wii games were all Nintendo games. 7 of the next top 10 games were Nintendo games. 1 of those (Sonic and Mario at the Olympics) was made by a third party developer as an exclusive. And the other 2 (Just Dance) were third party.

Id like to point out these are all VGchartz numbers

nintendrone hypocricy at its best
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#60ReploidAXZPosted 4/2/2013 12:18:42 PM
I think Nintendo are the best, but that's only what I think, it will ofc be different for everyone.

I say that as someone who as been playing games since the first Mario was new, Nintendo has always been there starting off by beating Sega 3 times in a row (Master System / Megadrive / Saturn) then the PS came out and gave them a good run for thier money, I can't decide what did better, the PS1 or the N64, both had amazing games, it's too close to call who "won", but personally i'd say the N64 did (not just games wise).

The next generation brought out the Xbox and it did very well too, out of the Game Cube, PS2 and Xbox it was very close, again too close to call, but i'd say it went 1st = Xbox 2nd Game Cube and 3rd = PS2, as I said there was very little in it (apart from the PS2, that belonged at the bottom despite having some amazing games).

The next generation is where it starts, they all had the choice of upgradeing graphics or something else, the 360 and PS3 choose grahpics, which are nice, but graphics don't make a game.

The Wii went with thier movement sensative thing, I think that was the right choice, momement senstivity affects gameplay, and it is gameplay that makes a game, not graphics.

I have to admit the Wii doesn't have that many great games while the 360 has a lot of great games, I don't know about PS3 games I have never had one I abanadoned PS after the PS2. I also no longer have a 360, they have great games but their decisions and the console itself is a piece of ****, I won't be wasting anymore money on any Xbox or PS consoles / games.

For me, gameplay = Nintendo (all generations).
Graphics = PC (has everything PS3 and Xbox has but better and more).
Not worth it in the long run = 360.
Joke = PS3.
---
R.I.P RARE.