Ok last question before I buy this thing

#1ninsony12Posted 4/2/2013 10:38:56 AM
How is the E shop? How is the gamepad for longer periods of play? Is it really rattling?
What games are must own? What E shop games are must own? Any cool features that might trick me into buying one? Is miiverse cool in the long run?

Thanks.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#2Baha05Posted 4/2/2013 10:41:13 AM
eShop is ok, if you mean game libary well it's obviously going to be small.

Yes sometimes the Gamepad rattles and the battery isn't the best but it also varies from person to person.

Off TV play is a nifty feature when used and the Miiverse is ok, it's just a fancy message board.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3wingo84Posted 4/2/2013 10:43:23 AM
Miiverse is just amazing and is going to get better with updates.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#4MalifacentXPosted 4/2/2013 10:44:06 AM
The eShop is really just getting underway so there is not a great deal of content available YET, though you will still be able to access the original Wii eShop in Wii mode.

As for what IS there, Nano Assault Neo and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out were instant buys for me.

The gamepad shouldn't be a problem. It only rattles (for me) if you shake the ever living hell out of it and, really, who does that? There is a power-saving mode to help with battery life and if you keep the volume down on the gamepad itself, it will also help. Realistically, however, the gamepad includes an AC adaptor that plugs into an outlet (doesn't require connection to the console) so you can just play while it's charging as well.

In all reality, if you need to be 'sold' on buying one, it may not yet be time for you to do so. It comes down to this: Titles. Does the Wii U have the games you want to play?
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
NNID: MrKupka
#5ninsony12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 10:44:24 AM
Baha05 posted...
eShop is ok, if you mean game libary well it's obviously going to be small.

Yes sometimes the Gamepad rattles and the battery isn't the best but it also varies from person to person.

Off TV play is a nifty feature when used and the Miiverse is ok, it's just a fancy message board.

Is the rattle irritating? Does that hinder enjoyment? What makes it rattle and why?
---
#6Rasputin77Posted 4/2/2013 10:46:42 AM
The E Shop is just okay.

I've had no qualms with the gamepad whatsoever, but yes it does rattle a little bit.

If you plan on local multiplayer sessions (which you should), Nintendoland is great for that, as is NSMBU. I knew almost nothing about MH3U but am enjoying it so far. Lego City's humor is too corny for my taste, but as a "fun" game in general it's quite solid.

IMO, there are no must-own E Shop games. And miiverse is okay, but nothing special.
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E
#7Baha05Posted 4/2/2013 10:47:42 AM
ninsony12 posted...
Is the rattle irritating? Does that hinder enjoyment? What makes it rattle and why?

Honestly I have no idea what makes it rattle and for me it doesn't take any enjoyment out of the console, especially since (for me anyhow) it really doesn't rattle unless you shake the damn thing. Which I never really bother to shake it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8ninsony12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 10:52:06 AM
Baha05 posted...
ninsony12 posted...

Honestly I have no idea what makes it rattle and for me it doesn't take any enjoyment out of the console, especially since (for me anyhow) it really doesn't rattle unless you shake the damn thing. Which I never really bother to shake it.

Why would you shake it? I don't get it. So it does not rattle on it's own while playing?
---
#9cmincPosted 4/2/2013 10:53:10 AM
the rattle isn't annoying at all. It's a periodic thing. less noticeable than the jangling of car keys and about as audibly frequent. It's believed that the rattle comes from the more responsive motion control weights, which makes sense, but hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge.

The gamepad, all in all, is fantastic. The weight isn't nearly as bad as some have led on, and you really don't even notice it while it's resting in your lap while you play.

Just as a quick aside, The 'looking back and forth whiplash' is also BS fabricated and blown out of proportion by people who, if they're this stupid, shouldnt really be playing games anyway. If something needs your attention on the gamepad, you're alerted on the tv screen and vice versa. If you're playing a game like scribblenauts or mario, you simply look where you want to look. It's not the least bit complicated or confusing, people just really are that dumb.
---
---
#10Baha05Posted 4/2/2013 10:53:32 AM
ninsony12 posted...
Why would you shake it? I don't get it. So it does not rattle on it's own while playing?

Exactly, unless it's specific (I think Party games might) and from my experience it doesn't rattle on it's own. It only does that when shaking it
---