A warning to anyone buying digital games

#1NoGood56erPosted 4/2/2013 11:16:23 AM
So my Wii U stopped connecting to my game pad no matter what I tried. I called Nintendo just to see if I can transfer my Nintendo ID to a new console because I've only had this Wii U a week, I can just go to the store and exchange it. Nope. I now have to send out a console that is barely a week old to get repaired, which takes two weeks, just to save myself the $70 I spent in the eshop.

I like digital purchases. They're easy, and I can swap between games in a matter of seconds. I have a PSN collection of over 70 games, and I've gone through two ps3s, no problem. How has Nintendo not learned how to handle online accounts?!
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#2John_MagnumPosted 4/2/2013 11:19:12 AM
nintendo is too busy innovating in other ways to keep up with digital distribution best practices from 2008
wouldn't you rather have incredibly innovative new games, the kind that will be announced any month now, instead of a functional digital storefront? i would.
---
John Magnum
The Next Liefeld
#3SuperPlatanoPosted 4/2/2013 11:20:37 AM
John_Magnum posted...
nintendo is too busy innovating in other ways to keep up with digital distribution best practices from 2008
wouldn't you rather have incredibly innovative new games, the kind that will be announced any month now, instead of a functional digital storefront? i would.

This post is a joke.
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
http://www.backloggery.com/superplatano
#4PigfartsPosted 4/2/2013 11:28:17 AM
NoGood56er posted...
So my Wii U stopped connecting to my game pad no matter what I tried. I called Nintendo just to see if I can transfer my Nintendo ID to a new console because I've only had this Wii U a week, I can just go to the store and exchange it. Nope. I now have to send out a console that is barely a week old to get repaired, which takes two weeks, just to save myself the $70 I spent in the eshop.

I like digital purchases. They're easy, and I can swap between games in a matter of seconds. I have a PSN collection of over 70 games, and I've gone through two ps3s, no problem. How has Nintendo not learned how to handle online accounts?!

Can you redownload your purchase on the new console...not transfer. Like on PSN how games you already paid for have that red tag on it and you can download it again.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#5PulpPosted 4/2/2013 11:29:59 AM
Pigfarts posted...

Can you redownload your purchase on the new console...not transfer. Like on PSN how games you already paid for have that red tag on it and you can download it again.

No.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#6NoGood56er(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:45:11 AM
His exact words were "the game is tied to the console, not the Nintendo ID"
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#7DiscostewSMPosted 4/2/2013 11:53:37 AM
It is tied to the console and your NNID, but Nintendo is in the works to separate them from the console.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#81shadetail1Posted 4/2/2013 12:08:36 PM
Perfect case in point of why I prefer physical media. This kind of crap can't happen to a disc.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#9icarus231Posted 4/2/2013 12:08:43 PM
Well if you played it for a week and broke it then you shouldnt be returning it to the store anyway. That is not what a return policy is for. You should be sending it in to be fixed.
#10JobocanPosted 4/2/2013 12:21:08 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Perfect case in point of why I prefer physical media. This kind of crap can't happen to a disc.

Well it CAN and Sony already has tech that can do just that (for now only used for cross-buy)... But yeah, thus far this crap hasn't really happened with physical games (though Diablo 3 comes dangerously close).
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection