A warning to anyone buying digital games

#81RisingWaterPosted 4/3/2013 11:17:36 AM
Nintendo won't change until people stop buying their products...oh wait
#82icarus231Posted 4/3/2013 11:27:51 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
The point is everyone else is smart/up to date enough to tie games/apps to accounts rather than a device. PS3, XBox, Apple, Android, Steam... all tied to accounts, minimal hassle switching between devices. It's an industry standard that they have fallen behind on.

You keep saying it's just impatience, but look at it from another perspective. Say it was your car instead of a console. Your transmission on your week old car dies on you, it's under manufacturers warranty and the dealerships warranty. It'll take a day to replace it at the lot you bought it from and two weeks if you take it to one of the manufacturers certified dealerships. Where would you take it? People are always going to choose the quicker turn around out of convenience.

Also, how is it any different than you lending out a physical copy of a game to your friends? I've done that a lot more than I've blindly handed out my account info so they can play a digital download. I wouldn't trust the majority of them with all my account info.

First off they already said they were addressing it. Second let me refer to the original post he was told he had to send it back to keep his games end of story as it was a warranty issue. Lets say a car dealership said they would exchange you car (which they never would do) but says if we do that you lose the extended warranty you paid for on the other car. You have a choice go through warranty or the quicker fix but you lose something.

Just realise it was known when the system was bought dont complain because its not like the other systems. You either buy it and deal with it or you dont. If you dont like it wiat till its changed then buy it. Should nintendo and sony charge for online because Microsoft does. Its anti-consumer but they not only do that they also have advertisers paying them on top of it. Not all companies need to function the same.
#83DemonDog666Posted 4/3/2013 12:23:39 PM
icarus231 posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
The point is everyone else is smart/up to date enough to tie games/apps to accounts rather than a device. PS3, XBox, Apple, Android, Steam... all tied to accounts, minimal hassle switching between devices. It's an industry standard that they have fallen behind on.

You keep saying it's just impatience, but look at it from another perspective. Say it was your car instead of a console. Your transmission on your week old car dies on you, it's under manufacturers warranty and the dealerships warranty. It'll take a day to replace it at the lot you bought it from and two weeks if you take it to one of the manufacturers certified dealerships. Where would you take it? People are always going to choose the quicker turn around out of convenience.

Also, how is it any different than you lending out a physical copy of a game to your friends? I've done that a lot more than I've blindly handed out my account info so they can play a digital download. I wouldn't trust the majority of them with all my account info.

First off they already said they were addressing it. Second let me refer to the original post he was told he had to send it back to keep his games end of story as it was a warranty issue. Lets say a car dealership said they would exchange you car (which they never would do) but says if we do that you lose the extended warranty you paid for on the other car. You have a choice go through warranty or the quicker fix but you lose something.

Just realise it was known when the system was bought dont complain because its not like the other systems. You either buy it and deal with it or you dont. If you dont like it wiat till its changed then buy it. Should nintendo and sony charge for online because Microsoft does. Its anti-consumer but they not only do that they also have advertisers paying them on top of it. Not all companies need to function the same.

lol so delusional and no MS shouldn't charge for online just like Nintendo shouldn't tie games to hardware.
#84steerepikePosted 4/3/2013 12:36:51 PM
I have never understood the sheer outrage at this issue. Is the process a little inconvenient? Sure. Is it life altering so? No, not by a longshot.

First, in my personal experience, you can go ahead and say a week, and not two. In the two times that I've had to send something to Nintendo, they've had it back to me within seven days. The first time was within a month of getting Wii. They didn't charge me a red cent. The second time was long after the warranty was up, and they didn't charge me. Again, I think that the system is inconvenient, but if you go through Nintendo you won't lose anything.

In the multiple(four) times that I've had to send 360's to Microsoft, it's taken no less than a month. Three of those times the refurbished 360 was broken out of the box. (I don't really blame Microsoft for that. I blame the "towel wrappers," but that's a whole rant.)
---
It hurted me...
#85DemonDog666Posted 4/3/2013 2:02:20 PM(edited)
steerepike posted...
I have never understood the sheer outrage at this issue. Is the process a little inconvenient? Sure. Is it life altering so? No, not by a longshot.

First, in my personal experience, you can go ahead and say a week, and not two. In the two times that I've had to send something to Nintendo, they've had it back to me within seven days. The first time was within a month of getting Wii. They didn't charge me a red cent. The second time was long after the warranty was up, and they didn't charge me. Again, I think that the system is inconvenient, but if you go through Nintendo you won't lose anything.

In the multiple(four) times that I've had to send 360's to Microsoft, it's taken no less than a month. Three of those times the refurbished 360 was broken out of the box. (I don't really blame Microsoft for that. I blame the "towel wrappers," but that's a whole rant.)

Pretty much nothing gaming related is life altering so that point is so moot it's pathetic, second the problem is you can't choose to replace if you want or have a second one and getting an extended warranty is a complete waste and if your console is lost or destroy you are just plain screwed and if it's stolen you have to jump through alot of hoops.

It's easy to say who cares when you haven't had a problem with it, but if your console was say smash by an ex girlfriend or destroyed in an earthquake you essentially lose all your digital games and there's nothing you can do about it except beg Nintendo support and hope they make an exception, and that is a seriously issue, so it's more then just inconvenient when there is a legitimate possibly of losing all your digital games and being unable to do anything about it.
#86NoGood56er(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:15:55 PM
TC here. I'm not even going to bother reading the last 20 posts or so, cause they are all saying the same thing, that I broke it.

I did not. The gamepad stopped working after only a couple hours use. I did not drop it, I did not step on it, I used it for a few hours, then gently placed it in the charging cradle. It stopped turning on the system after the first day. I bought a faulty price of hardware. How is that my fault, and why would I not be allowed to return it? I dont even want to return it, just exchange it for a working one. The stupidity on this board is astounding.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#87STN79Posted 4/4/2013 4:55:37 AM(edited)
@ TC

My Wii U gamepad started acting strange and kept disconnecting from the system also.
I talked to Nintendo about it and they told me the pad was probably defective. They said it's unlikely to be hardware failure but a problem with the pad itself. I have since sent it in for repairs and i'm expecting it back soon. Hopefully it'll be working like it's supposed to upon arrival but honestly your whole system should not be the problem.