Nintendo needs third party exclusives that will actually move lots of consoles

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/2/2013 2:15:01 PM
Lego City and Bayonetta 2 just arent those games that are needed. Nintendo should really try to get an exclusive Sonic game and an exclusive Kingdom Hearts
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2TransdudePosted 4/2/2013 3:06:24 PM
They had Sonic Colors on the Wii and DS, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS. Those are the most recent games of those series that were Nintendo exclusives.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3wingo84Posted 4/2/2013 3:17:10 PM
I heard Nintendo were getting exclusive rights to GTA
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#4ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/2/2013 3:22:40 PM(edited)
A Sonic exclusive sounds very probable. Sonic games sell great on Nintendo consoles, it was foolish of Sega not to have a port of generations on the Wii.
The Wii's high install base may have been the reason for that, but Sonic Adventure 2 sold really well on the GC.
#5Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 4/2/2013 3:22:48 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
A Sonic exclusive sounds very probable. Sonic games sell great on Nintendo consoles, it was foolish of Sega not to have a port of generations on the Wii.

Nah, they made the right move. It wouldn't be as good as Generations HD, much like Sonic Unleashed.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#6ORANGE666Posted 4/2/2013 3:38:46 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
The Wii's high install base may have been the reason for that, but Sonic Adventure 2 sold really well on the GC.

The Wii can't run the Hedghog Engine. It was why neither the Wii or 3DS got it, the 3DS version was a completely different game on a different engine.
#7mjc0961Posted 4/2/2013 3:45:21 PM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
Lego City and Bayonetta 2 just arent those games that are needed. Nintendo should really try to get an exclusive Sonic game and an exclusive Kingdom Hearts

Why? Sonic and, of all rubbish, Kingdom Hearts, aren't going to move any more consoles than Bayonetta or Lego City.

I mean really, Kingdom Hearts. Nintendo is better of right where they are now than wasting money to make that nonsense exclusive.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#8digiblasterPosted 4/2/2013 4:10:22 PM
No they don't. They need to release a 3D Mario, a new Zelda, and a Mario Kart game, and the consoles will be flying off the shelves.

Third party exclusives don't do nearly as much as the big first party titles do. If anything, they should wait until after those games have been released before they start getting third party exclusives - if more consoles have been sold, there'll be a larger market for third parties and it will be much more appealing for them to make exclusive content.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#9Phantom_NookPosted 4/2/2013 4:21:49 PM
Well KH3D did move a lot of 3DS's so I imagine a Wii U exclusive game would move more Wii U's.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#10NikraPosted 4/2/2013 4:23:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]