Does anyone remember how much the Ps360 sucked the first year?

#1Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/2/2013 11:58:06 PM
It was bad. Real bad. The Xbox 360 had tons of problems with RROD, overheating, noise etc. You could not install discs to hard drive. And the noise from the thing was horrible.
The games where not that good either. And no where near the quality 2 years later.

Ps3 launch was no better. 12 games and only 9 where playable. And the price was pricey.
There was no rumble because Sony said I was not needed and a thing of the past.
You could not download software and do something else. You had to wait for it to finish. Etc.

The Wii U has some issues. But the only thing it really needs is some Nintendo games.
All the other things I can live with no problem. And that is pretty good considering it is less than 6 months old. PS: The freezing issue was solved for me by setting the Miiverse to "English Only". Now make some games Nintendo!

#2monkeyspoonPosted 4/3/2013 12:02:33 AM
The PS3 and 360s first year didn't suck anywhere near as much as the wiiu's.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. Berenddebeer has finally been banned.
#3VanderZooPosted 4/3/2013 12:03:53 AM
Pretty sure the PS3's first year was worse. Not sure about the 360.
#4FoppePosted 4/3/2013 12:06:57 AM
My launch 360 is still working perfect, and I've never had a overheating console.
Sure, the disc spinning was loud, was still nothing compared to the jetengine when we played Dreamcast games, so I had no problems with it.
And it actually had some good launch games.
I enjoyed Kameo, Amped 3, Condemned and Project Gotham Racing 3, those games alone made it worth buying a launch unit for me.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5DarthFloatyPosted 4/3/2013 12:07:32 AM
In short, all console launches suck. It's part of the industry.
#6SlaynWilderGL3Posted 4/3/2013 12:12:34 AM
Foppe posted...
My launch 360 is still working perfect

Stopped reading here.
---
Star Wars fans please like The Imperial Fleet facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Imperial-Fleet/462605397130503
#7FoppePosted 4/3/2013 12:14:07 AM
SlaynWilderGL3 posted...
Foppe posted...

Stopped reading here.

It only had a faulty rate of 54.2%, not 100%.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8deathslovePosted 4/3/2013 12:15:18 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
The PS3 and 360s first year didn't suck anywhere near as much as the wiiu's.

This.
Also TC is comparing PS3 launch game numbers to wiiu 6 month games in numbers.
Is the wii u so bad TC need to talk about the launch ps3 games compared to wiius entire library LMAO
#9VanderZooPosted 4/3/2013 12:18:03 AM
Foppe posted...
SlaynWilderGL3 posted...
Foppe posted...

Stopped reading here.

It only had a faulty rate of 54.2%, not 100%.

lol, only. My launch 360 broke down twice on me. Funny, when I got the RROD, I wasn't even angry, it was kind of exciting actually. It's so infamous, I had heard so much about it, so when it happened to my launch system it was like I was joining the club or something.
#10Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 4/3/2013 12:20:57 AM
You know your a fanboy if you say 'only' to an over half failure rate.