Anybody remember Ironsword on Nes?

#1STN79Posted 4/3/2013 12:23:08 AM
You know, that game with Fabio on the cover. Kind of a fun little game as i recall.
Wonder why it never made it on VC? It's actually the second game of a trilogy but i never played the others.
#2FoppePosted 4/3/2013 12:30:05 AM
That's the game that had a big green dragon asking for a golden crown, right?
Rare owns the rights to the Wizards & Warriors games, and seeing that Microsoft owns Rare these days...
Yeah, it's probably that reason why it's not on VC.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:19:57 AM
Wow i didn't even realize Rare owned the rights. That's too bad. :(
#4AlexPumaPosted 4/3/2013 1:42:08 AM
Yeah, probably the same reason why Cobra Triangle, RC Pro Am, Battletoads, and Snake Rattle 'n Roll aren't there either.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#5FoppePosted 4/3/2013 1:44:11 AM
Indeed, I was surprised when I looked up what Nes games that Rare had a hand in the cookie jar with.
Slalom, Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll, Captain Skyhawk, Cobra Triangle, R.C. Pro-Am, etc.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:19:28 AM(edited)
Damn that Rare! They used to be so awesome and now they belong to stupid Microsoft.
All those neat games that'll never see a release on Nintendo systems again.
How the mighty have fallen. I used to love Captain Skyhawk btw!
#7FoppePosted 4/3/2013 2:23:38 AM
I wouldn't care what system it got released on as long as it got released.
All they do now is Kinect stuff and Avatar accessories.
---
#8AlexPumaPosted 4/3/2013 1:41:52 PM
Part of the reason why Rare isn't doing much besides Kinect Sports and useless digital trinkets recently is because the Stampers left a few years ago to pursue some other unknown interests. To put things into perspective, imagine if Miyamoto and Iwata just upped and left Nintendo to pursue an off-Broadway musical career. Not even sure if Rare has any of the talent anymore that made them big in their heyday.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#9gumbyxcore99Posted 4/3/2013 1:47:57 PM
ga,me sucked
---
iller than phil schiller
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 4/3/2013 1:48:35 PM
AlexPuma posted...
Yeah, probably the same reason why Cobra Triangle, RC Pro Am, Battletoads, and Snake Rattle 'n Roll aren't there either.

Too bad about RC Pro-Am. I love that game. I still play my copy of it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.