Peter Moore says EA isn't working on anymore Wii U games

#101cloudtheprophetPosted 4/3/2013 1:12:47 PM
The title of the article is misleading. He did not mention the Wii U at all so the writer of the article ASSumes that nothing will ever be in development for the Wii U. Coming to a conclusion based on these statements is going a bit too far.

If you go to the website the lead story is the Wii U outselling the PS3 last week in Japan. I don't see that being reported by our crack team of gamefaqs reporters. Wonder why?
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#102cloudtheprophetPosted 4/3/2013 1:16:40 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
They shouldn't work on Wii U games. The RAM in the Wii U is 2 gens behind the DDR5 RAM in the PS4. Really, they shouldn't work on any platform that will hold back there games, so they shouldn't make games for Wii U, PC, 360, and PS3. They should only focus on real next gen machines with real next gen DDR5 RAM.

But the xbox 720 has been rumored to use DDR3 so by your own criteria is not next gen either
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#103nonexistingheroPosted 4/3/2013 1:20:30 PM
cloudtheprophet posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
They shouldn't work on Wii U games. The RAM in the Wii U is 2 gens behind the DDR5 RAM in the PS4. Really, they shouldn't work on any platform that will hold back there games, so they shouldn't make games for Wii U, PC, 360, and PS3. They should only focus on real next gen machines with real next gen DDR5 RAM.

But the xbox 720 has been rumored to use DDR3 so by your own criteria is not next gen either

GDDR5 is basically the same as DDR3, with different ups & downs. But well, that just shows his ignorance.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#104PraetorXynPosted 4/3/2013 1:25:59 PM
People really need to educate themselves a bit about hardware architecture because I'm tired of explaining this.

The PS4 uses GDDR5 RAM. PC Graphics cards use GDDR5 RAM, but PC's use DDR3 RAM for system RAM. Why? Because GDDR RAM is faster, but has much higher latency. The parallel execution nature of graphics rendering makes the high latency not matter as much, and graphics rendering needs the fast RAM for texture loading etc.

GDDR RAM is terrible for system memory, so the CPU processes in the PS4 will suffer for that. Not to mention the fact that games won't be using the full 8 GB of RAM, as it will be divided up between the operating system (yes, consoles have them too), system processes, and games, not to mention a nice chunk of it will be set aside for all that game streaming stuff that consoles have no business doing. If they don't set aside 1 or 2 GB of RAM for that, then they can't guarantee games will still run properly while streaming. So there has to be some reservations for that.

8 GB DDR3 + 3 GB GDDR5 >>>>> 8 GB GDDR5.

There's nothing "next gen" about GDDR5. PC graphics cards have been using it forever. Console gamers just see big numbers and shout. There's a reason PC's only use GDDR5 for graphics memory. That is all.
#105DrRMPosted 4/3/2013 2:00:14 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7232871168/hD5E3D741/
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#106Lefty128k(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:44:34 PM(edited)
cloudtheprophet posted...
The title of the article is misleading. He did not mention the Wii U at all so the writer of the article ASSumes that nothing will ever be in development for the Wii U. Coming to a conclusion based on these statements is going a bit too far.

If you go to the website the lead story is the Wii U outselling the PS3 last week in Japan. I don't see that being reported by our crack team of gamefaqs reporters. Wonder why?

The author states his reasoning in the article....
"The emphasis above is mine, as it illustrates that Peter Moore doesn’t consider the Wii U to be next-generation hardware and that they’ve currently got no manpower on developing games for the system. "

Wonder why you didn't make a topic about that story yourself?
#107FeiBenaresPosted 4/3/2013 6:30:11 PM
How many money that Microsoft paid him?
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#108L4YER_CAKEPosted 4/3/2013 6:37:46 PM
What?
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#109Lefty128k(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 6:55:51 PM
FeiBenares posted...
How many money that Microsoft paid him?

What evidence is there of such a payment?
#110BosSBaerPosted 4/3/2013 9:13:39 PM
I bet once it sells more we will see support.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz