Peter Moore says EA isn't working on anymore Wii U games

#111TheBonfiniPosted 4/3/2013 9:46:08 PM
BosSBaer posted...
I bet once it sells more we will see support.

Hopefully not, since EA is a greedy corporation that hoards all their profits and hardly invests in in offering new and exciting content and IPs. Just the same franchises over and over well the executives get rich with our billions in the bank.

EA needs to be broken up and stick to 3rd party games on other systems. This is a Nintendo console.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#112Lefty128k(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:09:51 AM
TheBonfini posted...
BosSBaer posted...

Hopefully not, since EA is a greedy corporation that hoards all their profits and hardly invests in in offering new and exciting content and IPs. Just the same franchises over and over well the executives get rich with our billions in the bank.

EA needs to be broken up and stick to 3rd party games on other systems. This is a Nintendo console.

Corporations are legally obligated to maximize profits.
#113DBPanterAPosted 4/4/2013 12:16:33 AM
Lefty128k posted...
TheBonfini posted...
BosSBaer posted...

Corporations are legally obligated to maximize profits.

Quoted for Truth

Every company that reports to share holders must show growth and profit. This includes Nintendo.

People can object to certain practices, and when they do, they don't open their wallet.

The issue at hand is that game developers seek to sell as many units of software (games) to consumers at the full retail price. If they were a little smarter, they would start releasing games in the April-August Window, when very few, if any, large titles are released.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#114vagamesPosted 4/4/2013 8:38:47 AM
DBPanterA posted...
If they were a little smarter, they would start releasing games in the April-August Window, when very few, if any, large titles are released.

WARNING: Big wall of pretentious text. Skip to the /WARNING tag below to save yourself 5 minutes.

Forgive me for singling you out here, I would apply this to many other statements of similar erroneous value. I chose yours because it is both recent and lends itself well to the illustration of my point.

Many average people come forward and think to themselves that the "smart thing" to do is just so obvious to them. It reminds me of a concept I had to study in an elective, introductory level psychology course I took in college called "egocentrism". In particular, it reminded me of egocentrism in young children, perhaps infants, that can be oblivious the elements of the world beyond their own experience. That summary is a gross oversimplification of the concept, so consider that paraphrasing my own experience in the course.

Do you have a degree in business or any formal training in economics? Are you privy to the board meetings of the people that run this industry? My assumption is that the answer to these questions is a resounding "no". What then is the pretense for belief that you know something that these people don't know- These people that have experienced more success in the last few years alone than you or I are likely to experience in a lifetime.

In the end, you, nor I, nor virtually anybody that frequents a message board on GameFAQs is qualified to make an analysis or prediction about the future of an industry. The cold, hard truth of the matter is that we don't have any real idea what we're talking about.

tldr:

Almost nobody here knows what the hell their talking about. Your opinions undoubtedly and irrefutably come from one of two places: A) You read an article somewhere and the opinions you're giving are the opinions of the article's author, or B) Your opinions are truly your own, and since you have no experience or training in the matters, and thus your opinion is worthless and has no value beyond you and what arbitrary value YOU yourself place in it.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#115emagdnEPosted 4/4/2013 8:58:47 AM
lol you Nintendo fanboys

1. Iwata's Nintendo is far, FAR worse than EA ever was

2. EA is, unfortunately, one of the biggest forces in the industry, and one of the main suppliers of third party games for Wii, if they pull support, it will not end will for Wii U since Iwata was too damn stupid to have Nintendo games made for the system and tried to get third parties to do all the work for him

3. if you really think the author of the article is just pulling things out of his ass, you haven't been paying attention, what did Wii U get from EA? a ME3 port with issues as PS3 and 360 got the ME Trilogy? his assumption is reasonable given not only Moore's words, but EA's actions
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#116bond465Posted 4/4/2013 9:17:19 AM
vagames posted...
DBPanterA posted...
If they were a little smarter, they would start releasing games in the April-August Window, when very few, if any, large titles are released.

WARNING: Big wall of pretentious text. Skip to the /WARNING tag below to save yourself 5 minutes.

Forgive me for singling you out here, I would apply this to many other statements of similar erroneous value. I chose yours because it is both recent and lends itself well to the illustration of my point.

Many average people come forward and think to themselves that the "smart thing" to do is just so obvious to them. It reminds me of a concept I had to study in an elective, introductory level psychology course I took in college called "egocentrism". In particular, it reminded me of egocentrism in young children, perhaps infants, that can be oblivious the elements of the world beyond their own experience. That summary is a gross oversimplification of the concept, so consider that paraphrasing my own experience in the course.

Do you have a degree in business or any formal training in economics? Are you privy to the board meetings of the people that run this industry? My assumption is that the answer to these questions is a resounding "no". What then is the pretense for belief that you know something that these people don't know- These people that have experienced more success in the last few years alone than you or I are likely to experience in a lifetime.

In the end, you, nor I, nor virtually anybody that frequents a message board on GameFAQs is qualified to make an analysis or prediction about the future of an industry. The cold, hard truth of the matter is that we don't have any real idea what we're talking about.

tldr:

Almost nobody here knows what the hell their talking about. Your opinions undoubtedly and irrefutably come from one of two places: A) You read an article somewhere and the opinions you're giving are the opinions of the article's author, or B) Your opinions are truly your own, and since you have no experience or training in the matters, and thus your opinion is worthless and has no value beyond you and what arbitrary value YOU yourself place in it.

I actually have a degree in economics and another in finance. What's the question?
#117vagamesPosted 4/4/2013 9:38:47 AM
bond465 posted...
vagames posted...
DBPanterA posted...

tldr:

I actually have a degree in economics and another in finance. What's the question?

I didn't ask one.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#118Who_Dat504Posted 4/4/2013 9:45:11 AM
TheBonfini posted...
BosSBaer posted...

Do you know you just describe Nintendo lol
---
Saints, LSU, and Hornets fan!
#119xxthewitnessxPosted 4/4/2013 10:53:59 AM
Gamefaqs! Where everyone owns every console, even the ones we bad mouth all day. We all make a minimum of $35/hour, and we all hold degrees in whatever field might be pertinent to any given topic, yet we're still here on a video game message board.
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#120Lefty128k(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:11:07 PM
DBPanterA posted...
The issue at hand is that game developers seek to sell as many units of software (games) to consumers at the full retail price. If they were a little smarter, they would start releasing games in the April-August Window, when very few, if any, large titles are released.

North American Spring/Summer can be a tough time to push games. People are usually spending money on vacations and Summer diversions, instead of games.