Wii U wont turn off

#1cybersonic233Posted 4/3/2013 3:54:46 AM
Last night when I was playing Sonic Racing I went to switch the system off and it wouldnt so I tried via the gamepad and just the gamepad switched off. In the end I had to pull the plug and switch the system off. I turned it back on to get the disc out and it switched off fine then. I havent touched it since. I have emailed Nintendo currently fearing having to send the system to Germany for repairs. Does anyone know what the problem with my system was as its been really bugging me?
#2SocranPosted 4/3/2013 3:57:52 AM(edited)
It's not a common issue, but not unheard of either. It's entirely possible there's no major issue at all, and it simply didn't trigger the last part of the shutdown. Since you're already calling Nintendo, you might as well go ahead and wait for their response just in case, but you probably don't need to be afraid of being told to send it in for repairs.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:58:29 AM
I dont wanna send it coz you nearly always lose your saves and theres no way of backing Wii U saves up and getting them back on the system currently
#4SocranPosted 4/3/2013 4:03:36 AM
cybersonic233 posted...
I dont wanna send it coz you nearly always lose your saves and theres no way of backing Wii U saves up and getting them back on the system currently

That only happens with critical, unrecoverable, system-breaking errors. If your system can suddenly no longer be turned on, then you might have to worry about losing your saves. If it just freezes every time it's turned off, Nintendo will either fix it, or transfer your data to a new system.

But what I meant was, you probably won't be told to return it period. But you should still let them make that call instead of just me.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."