Q2/Spring is starting; Do they even want this thing to succeed?

#1Boo DestroyerPosted 4/3/2013 4:41:41 AM(edited)
I still can't even tell if they do or not.

Look, I get that we've just started this part of the year now, so we probably won't get anything too soon. But any day within Q2, we're bound to get something out of it. Sure, Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate got things started here, but we'll get more out of this system from this point forward.

I'll bet anything that the next Nintendo Direct will be presented in such a way like, "Okay, you've kept asking us about the Wii U, now here, have your goddamn release dates already." Lack of excitement as they do so and all. NDs always come on such short notice. This isn't too surprising.

And then there's the update, which should also see things for the better with it. Likewise, I'm sure we still all remember the first few months of the 3DS and how that went until a lot later. Nintendo themselves have even admitted that they've genuinely had a hard time getting acquainted with the new Wii U hardware, hence some of these games getting pushed back.
#2JackalPosted 4/3/2013 4:50:03 AM
Oh, they want it to succeed. But they still have to learn how to make HD games and figure out what to do with the Gamepad so it doesn't just seem like a gimmicky rip off. I would say give them time but they are already taking forever.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#3Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 6:17:30 AM
Personally, I don't see what's so hard to understand about "first half of 2013".
#4DonomegaPosted 4/3/2013 6:19:18 AM
Jackal posted...
Oh, they want it to succeed. But they still have to learn how to make HD games and figure out what to do with the Gamepad so it doesn't just seem like a gimmicky rip off. I would say give them time but they are already taking forever.

True; people need to pretend the Wii U is a Sony console and give it lots of time
---
XBL: RobDaCool | NNID: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816