Review: Toki Tori 2

#11glyde69Posted 4/6/2013 1:32:25 AM
Waiting for it to download, atm. I caught a couple reviews earlier in the week and it definitely looks solid. Not sure why it is taking 45 minutes for it to download though. The file isn't that big, my internet is generally fast, and it's 5 in the morning. Everything about this console is really starting to bite my ass.

- Go to turn on system. Remote is completely drained even though the last time I played it(couple weeks ago), I made sure the battery was charged to 100%.

- So let me go to the Wii Shop. Got my WIRED controller like it is the year 1998 all over again. I would go with my PS3 method of charging remotes(charge one while using the other and switch every 15 hours......or 2.5 hours with this Wii U pad), but Wii U pads are like $150(I think) and not worth that price. Even if I wanted to spend that insane amount of money, are they even for sale? I've yet to see one. So I play wired knowing next time I want to play, the battery will magically be drained. Maybe I should just start planning my gaming sessions and charge it a couple hours in advance?

- So, I go to the E-shop, but darn it! I get the error message that the Wii U and something else in the house are sharing the same IP Address. Strange how three laptops, a televison, a cable box, three iphones, a PS3, and an Xbox 360 have all been used in my home for years......yet the Wii U is the one machine that gives me IP Address conflict error messages. I troubleshooted it 11 different ways. Even swallowed my pride and called Nintendo and rolled my eyes while the dullard walked me through the things I tried on my own/researched online. No dice! I get the error every time I go on, and to get rid of it, I have to run the internet connection test, it passes and suddenly no IP Address conflict. Strange. This is a fun "extra" step in my Wii U gaming day.

- Go to the Wii store to purchase TT2. Wait, even though I saved my credit card information the last time I bought something, I have to enter all my info manually.....again. Cool!

- Okay, download is taking forever and during it, my nieces(who are sleeping over this weekend) come creeping into my room(God knows why they are up at 5am). They want to play MARIO! Ok, I'll let this DL in the background while we play Mario Wii U. Does this even DL in the background?? Anyway, the girls want to play together. So they can take turns one using the "cool" pad, and the other uses my gold Zelda Wii remote. Right? Oh no, for some strange reason, girl X can't use one and girl Y uses the other. Either they play solo, or they play with 2 old Wii remotes. PROBLEM though. After I transferred my Wii VC games to the Wii U,I had no need for it so I gave my Wii away to the Red Cross box. I kept ONE gold Wii remote. I figured I would get a pair of pads(not realizing how expensive/hard to get they were gonna be) to compliment my pair of pros and the gold remote. IT'S NOT ENOUGH THOUGH. So instead of them playing together, one plays while the other yawns next to her(while I type this out).

- While I'm at it, is there anything worth playing? All those launch ports don't apply as I either had them already or they didn't interest me. N Land was a dud. Zombi U stunk. But there was this AWESOME platformer coming out which was the sequel to IMO the best 2D platformer in 20 years(Rayman Origins). Ahhh, the week before release, it got delayed 7 months. DISAPPOINTED was not strong enough to describe how I felt. Who is at fault? Really no one. Ubi would be NUTS to keep it exclusive. N obviously didn't have the power to force it out......So Pikmin 3? Not a fan of the franchise. Zelda WW? Played it recently so not interested. Bayonetta 2? Doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon and honestly....a game that frantic and fast....is the pad the best way to play it?
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#12glyde69Posted 4/6/2013 1:32:45 AM
Bottom line: STARTING TO REALLY THINK THIS CONSOLE IS GONNA BE A DUD AND AS A GAMER OF ALL CONSOLES/HANDHELDS, IT TAKES A LOT FOR ME TO THINK LIKE THIS.
---
#13nonexistingheroPosted 4/6/2013 1:35:14 AM
7 sounds about right. It's a nice game, but it's not impressive in any way.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14deathslovePosted 4/6/2013 1:39:04 AM
How much does it cost? Looks like it should be a $0.99 iphone/steam indie game.
#15DeathSoul2000Posted 4/6/2013 1:44:40 AM
deathslove posted...

about $10
#16P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:04:50 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
deathslove posted...

about $10

It's $15
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#17DeathSoul2000Posted 4/6/2013 2:06:58 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
deathslove posted...

about $10

It's $15

$20 then
#18glyde69Posted 4/6/2013 8:28:31 PM
Holy crap, what a waste of 14 dollars. Usually I'm pretty good sifting through games like this and picking wisely, but I was fooled by reviews on this one. 7's and 8's? Nice visuals? Cool puzzles?

GAME IS AWFUL.
---
#19P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:19:06 AM
glyde69 posted...
Holy crap, what a waste of 14 dollars. Usually I'm pretty good sifting through games like this and picking wisely, but I was fooled by reviews on this one. 7's and 8's? Nice visuals? Cool puzzles?

GAME IS AWFUL.

Thanks for your opinion.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#20wingo84Posted 4/7/2013 3:39:10 AM
Still not sure on this one... Wish it had a demo :/
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing