Honesty, how can the Wii U compete with two new consoles launching this year

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 4/3/2013 8:05:02 AM
Its f***ing sad thinking that Nintendo has to struggle this holiday and take blows from the PlayStation 4 and next Xbox in a matter of months. Its like watching a beautiful dog having to go up against wolves that are hungry, I dont think I can watch.

MS and Sony will be advertising the hell out of their consoles, it'll be an eclipse over the Wii U :(
---
June 14th, 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2xxthewitnessxPosted 4/3/2013 8:15:40 AM
Just wait til e3

-
-
-
-
-

It will be hilarious.
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#3icarus231Posted 4/3/2013 8:17:31 AM
Easily. They have the ips that sell extraordinarily well. Something the other two dont..
#4shotgunheadshotPosted 4/3/2013 8:18:05 AM
Nintendo could make two consoles. The wiiiU for the current gen and they make another system that matches graphics next gen. Just 2 at the same time,that's all.
#5Bahamut_10thPosted 4/3/2013 8:20:48 AM
With a (finally) good list of releases through the second half of 2013.
When those two new consoles are launched they will probably have 2 or maybe 3 worthwhile titles actually READY just like every damn console launch.
#6rudgerlightPosted 4/3/2013 8:22:04 AM
Probably by being cheaper.
#7F31LeopardPosted 4/3/2013 8:24:37 AM
How are the two new consoles going to compete with the 3 consoles on the market that already have install bases. Support for the PS3/360 won't stop even when their successors come out. Highly doubt most of their user base will jump to the next. The overlap will hurt the PS4/720 imo.
---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS
#8Crazy_tank51Posted 4/3/2013 8:25:20 AM
People, it's shovel break. Move along please.

And it will compete with it's great exclusives and lower price. The tablet controller is a subjective plus, but it's a plus.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#9CranberryPSOPosted 4/3/2013 8:25:47 AM
Nintendo is first out the gate for the new generation, but they are really letting that advantage slip past. They need to be taking full advantage of their head start and really promoting their console to get a solid install base for it. I'm rather stunned that they are letting their advantage slip away like this.

Yes the console is only 4 months old, but this is 4 months that they could have spent really propping it up and getting it into homes. The only commercials I can remember seeing are for New Mario Brothers and a more recent one about Lego City.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#10PippythePoopPosted 4/3/2013 8:28:25 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
With a (finally) good list of releases through the second half of 2013.
When those two new consoles are launched they will probably have 2 or maybe 3 worthwhile titles actually READY just like every damn console launch.

And what releases would they be?

Anything that is multi-platform doesn't count for obvious reasons. The only thing that can save the Wii U are first party exclusives. I don't see Mario Kart or Smash Brothers coming out any time soon.
---
"Sig Wipes"....the easiest way to get 100's of messages modded at once! Woo-Hoo!