Honesty, how can the Wii U compete with two new consoles launching this year

#91Aegis_RunestonePosted 4/3/2013 4:24:47 PM
Honestly, how can people have fun playing and sharing video games when they are belittling one another?
---
Huge fan of Muramasa - The Demon Blade
Huge Final Fantasy IV fan! Played all versions of FF4 (except PSP) since 1992. Fav charas: Cecil, Kain, and Rydia.
#92LuuthianPosted 4/3/2013 4:37:43 PM
Unless some impressive first party titles start to materialize, the Wii U is going to be at a serious disadvantage. And I don't just mean Nintendo needs one or two games. It's going to take a damn solid E3 to impress buyers this season.

Let's just be upfront though: No matter how abysmal the Wii U may do this console gen, it's not going to "fail" or "disappear". Nintendo will continue to support it. Nintendo has more than enough cash to survive at least two major hardware blunders. Considering the 3DS came back much better than hoped, Nintendo will be fine if things go south for their home console. It might suffer some serious third party problems, but they'll at least utilize their own franchises.

Remember the Gamecube... Even though it performed poorly, it didn't vanish. And it did have the odd amazing title.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .
#93Mecha SonicPosted 4/3/2013 4:41:56 PM
Remember the Gamecube... Even though it performed poorly, it didn't vanish. And it did have the odd amazing title.

gamecube didn't sell at a ~$80 loss
---
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png
#94Kenichi34Posted 4/3/2013 4:42:41 PM
The same way every console competes. With games. Nintendo's always managed to survive just fine. I'm not sure why people think it's going to be different this time.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#95JackalPosted 4/3/2013 4:47:48 PM
Release some games. Price drop for Black Friday. And most importantly, ADVERTISING!!!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#96Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/3/2013 4:51:56 PM
How can the Wii U compete?

With Mario.

Please note that I said COMPETE, not WIN.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#97TheBonfiniPosted 4/3/2013 5:00:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Not sure why anyone bothers arguing sales. Nintendo has the most popular franchises. That's a fact.

What they do not have is the most diverse library of quality games. But Nintendos fans know what they are getting eventually. Pretty sad actually seeing people continue with doom and gloom when sales are actually increasing. I'm sure when more games are out more systems will sell as well.

It will compete just fine with all consoles. It just won't necessarily be the top selling system, by who thought Wii would be at first?

WiiU's problems aren't just sales though, it has hardware, feature, long term 3rd party and even 1st party software problems right now, and the only one that is likely to over come is the 1st party software problem... so thinking wiiU will do well over it's lifetime is wishful thinking at best, right now wiiU will be lucky to match gamecubes lifetime sales. Also wii only sold because it was a fad everyone knows it and it sold from day 1 so we already know wiiU isn't going to be a fad.

excitebike64 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Put it this way, MS and Sony are basically going head to head. Despite the differences, people won't see the differences at first. It will mean Japan will buy mostly PS4s and WiiUs and the US mostly NextBox and WiiUs. Nintendo's basically in a safe zone right now. It will take a few years to see anything truly damaging to their market share.

How are they in the safe zone wii is already dead, they needed a massive early price drop to sell the 3DS and wiiU is doing horrible with only the most deluded fanboys buying it and not a solid release date on any of Nintendo's upcoming games most of which we haven't even seen screenshots.

You still posting? The Wii still sells. It will take multiple years for the PS3 or Xbox360 to outsell the Wii. PS3 might be able to pull it off, granted. But if it does, that means massive numbers taken away from PS4 sales.

Nintendo's safe. Nintendo owns the handheld market. For now, still owns this gen. And for next gen, they have a one year head start.

I'm actually somewhat curious on updated shipped numbers. I'm sure more WiiUs have been shipped. And Wiis, since they have the WiiMini.

Way to literally ignore every single one of my points.

Agreed on all counts. Just know that Nintendo can profit with crappy hardware and featureless games since it has Nintendo's Seal of Approval.

I don't even necessarily think Nintendo has earned their reputation lately. I actually think the success with Wii made them lazy. But a pure Nintendo box with only their games would not lose money. They clearly aren't investing their billions of our money effectively. But.... They have the fanbase to rest on their laurels. If it only gets GC sales than maybe next gen they will be done with their mystery cheap hardware and cease with the gimmicky crap.

How long have we been waiting for a mature Zelda? Art style accounts for lots, but some horsepower to bring everything up to current gen standards would go a long way to reestablishing Nintendo as an entertainment juggernaut. What's the last big budget Nintendo game?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#98DTY3Posted 4/3/2013 5:10:40 PM
JSusie posted...
DTY3 posted...
JSusie posted...
Full fledge Pokemon game on Wii U. Not any of that rumble blast, or snap, or any of that crap. A real Pokemon game.

Not only would they compete, they would flourish.

uhh not really.

Handheld Pokemon games would sell way more than console ones, especially in Japan

It wouldn't have to sell as much as the handheld version to make an enormous profit. And you have no idea how well it would sell, because there has never been one.

*looks at Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate*
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#99AerodarPosted 4/3/2013 5:19:34 PM
Everyday a new troll needs to feed these questions and everyday I laugh about it. Owning all systems I find it sad that someone everyday needs to rant about the Wii-U. If you don't like the Wii U then leave it alone and go play ps3, or xbox since both are great.
---
"It is what it is."
#100DemonDog666Posted 4/3/2013 5:22:47 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Agreed on all counts. Just know that Nintendo can profit with crappy hardware and featureless games since it has Nintendo's Seal of Approval.

I don't even necessarily think Nintendo has earned their reputation lately. I actually think the success with Wii made them lazy. But a pure Nintendo box with only their games would not lose money. They clearly aren't investing their billions of our money effectively. But.... They have the fanbase to rest on their laurels. If it only gets GC sales than maybe next gen they will be done with their mystery cheap hardware and cease with the gimmicky crap.

How long have we been waiting for a mature Zelda? Art style accounts for lots, but some horsepower to bring everything up to current gen standards would go a long way to reestablishing Nintendo as an entertainment juggernaut. What's the last big budget Nintendo game?

Normally I'd agree but I think wii hurt their reputation too much, they had to quickly drop the price and take a loss on the 3DS already and wiiU is selling worse then gamecube did. I of course have no illusions about Nintendo going bankrupt or anything, even with a massive failure of a console and a handheld they'd have enough in the bank for atleast another gen, but I do think there will be a point in time where they do start to lose money on the wiiU and that it won't sell much better then gamecube if it even sells that much.